Part List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part List

Ok, after doing some research and with a good deal of help and advice from you guys (thanks for putting up with my noobness) I've got the following for a parts list:

Engine: 96' 3100 SFI

- Stock 3400 Heads (for now, and these may not happen altogether)
    - Ported 3400 Lower Intake Manifold
    - 3500 UIM ported for 3400 Lower
    - 62MM TB
    - Polished MAF
    - 180* Stat
    - Under Drive Pulley (If I can find one, FFP doesn't make em anymore, so I hear)
    - High Flow Cat
    - Dual Exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers
    - PCM Tune

So what do you think of that? What else do you think I'll need?

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

I also have a question about the flow charts, I want to make sure I understand them correctly. I understand CFM as being airflow, since computer case fans are rated in the same fashion (although they push no where near the same air).

What I'm wondering about is the percentages. The first column is for the heads alone correct? Without the manis? If so, that means that with the manifolds the heads do not flow 100 percent, so when you port them the flow closer to 100% (although not at 100%). If this is true that will be a good thing. Some concerns were raised that getting ported manifolds won't make a difference because the valves in the heads aren't any bigger. However, if the heads with the manifolds don't flow 100% in the first place then this argument is void.

Again thanks for the help.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

Yes, its the % of loss from the manifolds (or gains) vs no manifolds and a clay bell shaped entrance. You don't need bigger valves to get more air into the cylinder, but it does work well Larger valves require less lift to flow the same amount of air, which means you can reduce your valvetrain motion and change your cam specs for optimal gains. Ported manifolds in a sense, are the same as going larger valve with stock manifolds.

The comparison to the head without manifolds is not really 100% flow, but rather a known for comparison only.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well, I'm glad I understood that properly, and thanks for the clarification (on a side note, thanks for answering my post on mymonte since I wasn't getting many intelligent responses).

So do you foresee any issues with that list or shall I start going ahead with it?

Comment

Working...
        X