Looking for a fpr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a fpr

Ok well here it goes im in dire need of a fuel pressure regulator that goes from 1-whatever psi but here is the kicker it has to be a return line setup..where can i find one i need one bad!! phil

1 psi isn't much. How high do you need to go exactly, and will this setup work or do you have a different motor than this one is good for?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
      http://www.60degreev6.com/store/inde...d&productId=65

1 psi isn't much. How high do you need to go exactly, and will this setup work or do you have a different motor than this one is good for?
      That looks like it goes in the factory location.

Ok well here it goes im in dire need of a fuel pressure regulator that goes from 1-whatever psi but here is the kicker it has to be a return line setup..where can i find one i need one bad!! phil
      Why does it have to be a return line set-up and not one of Ben's modded stockers?
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

If its a gen 2, it needs a different setup than that. I can probably find the type that would work for it (return line setup).
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ok here it is....i need something that goes low cause i got a carbed 2.8 all stock but someone before me decided to change the engine to one without a mechanical pump. So they threw in a electric pump and blocked off the return line. Now im having issue with fuel milage, black smoke and ruff idle, so id like to regulate the fuel pressure down to the stock level. Its in a 84 2.8 s10 blazer if it matters..phil

Comment

Yeah, I can't help you with carbed stuff
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well do i have to run a return line or can i get away with not running one? Right now it doesnt have one so i dunno..maybe i can regulate the pressure own enough? phil

Comment

just grab a pressure regulator from Holley, i have one on my T/A.. it was like $5 on Ebay

Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                  just grab a pressure regulator from Holley, i have one on my T/A.. it was like $5 on Ebay

http://www.holley.com/types/Fuel%20P...Carbureted.asp
                  ^^^ I agree with Dave, carb FPR's are cheap. Ben is also pretty good at hooking people up.

Yes, a return line would be suggested.
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

Thats the problem..isnt 4.5 psi too much for our carbs? thats the lowest one i can find tho in terms of pressure with a return line..phil

Comment

Hmm, well i though 3-7 was carb range but im about useless when it comes to carbs.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

yah, 3-7 is the normal range for most carbs although my carb knowledge comes from building SBC's..

i run mine at around 6PSI and that's behind a 110 GPH Holley electric pump.
                        Past Builds;
                        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                        Current Project;
                        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Yea 3 to 7 is perfect. But you do infact need a return line for an electric pump or you will ruin it. Buy any return style regulator you want. I have an Aeromotive regulator 13301 and with the low pressure spring you can go as low as 3 PSI. I sure many others sell similar.

Oh and whoever owned the truck did you a favour because he has upgraded to a newer EFI block. Which also means you proabably have the larger valve heads. You may also have yourself a 3.1L or 3.4L.
                          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                          X