Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTC 0118 means that there is either an open in the circuit or a direct short to 12v. So you might look at the harness again to see if something isn't screwed up. An open in the circuit could also mean the sensor is bad. Measure the resistance of the sensor with the engine off and compare the readings to the following chart:

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

• Humm...

Does anyone else think that the splice may simply not be possible? I have been calling machine shops all morning only to be referred to shops many many many miles away. I also found a CarQuest that I may be able to order that adapter from, however their closed today.
      SpudFiles
      Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
      Theopia
      Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
      3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

• 3400 w-body passenger side strut mount bracket modified for S&S Headers.

Comment

• DANG you cut a lot out!

I barely had to notch any out on mine... I posted pics of my notch job earlier in this thread.
          SpudFiles
          Theopia
          Enjoy life online.

3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

• Yeah, after seeing yours, I guess i did. It's worked good so far. If I come across another mount or should have to take the front header off for anything, I may do it over. At the time I had nothing to go by, so I just hacked a piece out of it. The guy I bought the headers from cut an entire section out of the mount, all the way across. He sent it with the headers for me to use. After looking at it, I decided that I'd modify my own. Yours looks sturdier than mine, but I think it's plenty strong. As long as all the stress isn't being put on the one bolt that holds the mount to the head, then I'm fine with it.

Comment

• So you have the gauges and ECM reading just one sensor and not a 3-wire sensor? I would say that could well be a problem. At least it's a variable I would take out of play before going any further. Disconnect the gauges wire and see if the code goes away. You could PM wass9 and see if he could send you the adapter he got if you can't find one, or put the gauge single wire style sensor in the back of the block in a cooling passage. I've heard of people doing that when swapping a 3400 into a car that had the separate single wire sensor in the head like 94 3100's had for the gauges. Not sure though if the 3500 has one or not to put it there.
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

• I think I may have to get ahold of wass9... I talked to Carquest today with the number, he called their warehouse, some of the factories they buy from, everything and they say it's a legit part number but no one can get it to me (because no one has it).
                SpudFiles
                Theopia
                Enjoy life online.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
                  I think I may have to get ahold of wass9... I talked to Carquest today with the number, he called their warehouse, some of the factories they buy from, everything and they say it's a legit part number but no one can get it to me (because no one has it).
                  Same result as i had....

I took a 3 wire CTS into the machine shop and am having them cut it down and re-thread it for the 3500 head. Hopefully it'll be done very soon.
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

• That is probably the best option, to have it cut down.

Issue is now... trying to find someone to do it. Uncle is a machinist but I hate asking for crap like this.

Can anyone confirm the 3500 size? M12x1.5? M12x1.25?
                    SpudFiles
                    Theopia
                    Enjoy life online.

Comment

• mine is being threadded to M12x1.25
                      Past Builds;
                      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                      Current Project;
                      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

• I guess machine shops around here just don't care about small business, none of them seem interested enough to even look at it.
                        SpudFiles
                        Theopia
                        Enjoy life online.

Comment

• Might not be the best option either, in case you ever have to replace it, but they should last a long time, but you never know. Did you check out the back of the block for a place to put a single wire gauge cluster temp sender?
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

• No, I am at work right now. If there is one, what would it be near? I doubt a single wire one would even work with the 3100 harness? Which color is for what on the 3100 harness? I'll guess yellow is for the computer, the green is for the dash, and black is +5v
                            SpudFiles
                            Theopia
                            Enjoy life online.

Comment

• All I know is there is a coolant plug you can take out and put the single wire sensor (3100 94-95) in there. That sensor takes a green wire. Then for the ECM the 2 wire black and yellow wire sensor is used. (The 3500 sensor is 2 wire right? So leave that in place.) You'll just need the right connectors after the single wire sensor. That is if there is a coolant plug like the 3400. IIRC it's on the firewall side of the block.
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

• Well I gave it to my uncle (bought a new 3 wire sensor) and he's going to do it tomorrow if he has a die that size.

Hopefully it works, I rather have the dash gauge and the computer seeing the same temp.
                                SpudFiles
                                Theopia
                                Enjoy life online.

Comment

Working...
                                X