looking for sfi balancer and flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for sfi balancer and flywheel

does anyone knwo who makes or were to buy an sfi certified balancer/flywheel for the rwd iron head motors
    sigpic

Other than using a SBC dampner/balancer on your 660, I don't know of any SFI 660 specific versions.

Comment

whats it take to use a sbc balancer/damper on the 660? cant remeber the crank snout sizes off the top of my head
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boostedrs View Post
        whats it take to use a sbc balancer/damper on the 660? cant remeber the crank snout sizes off the top of my head
        They are the same size snout.

The SBC balancer is larger in diameter, and getting a crank pulley to work with both that balanvcer and the V6 belt drive won'tbe easy, though I would imagine you're going to just be driving an alternator anyway.

Comment

All out race cars don't need an alternator, do they?
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            All out race cars don't need an alternator, do they?

Yes they do. Especially when those all out race cars use electronics to control functions like engine paramaters and data logging.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
              They are the same size snout.

The SBC balancer is larger in diameter, and getting a crank pulley to work with both that balanvcer and the V6 belt drive won'tbe easy, though I would imagine you're going to just be driving an alternator anyway.

yeah ill be running an alt and the water pump,ill have to get me a standard rotaion waterpump and front cover, from there it will be easy to adapt a vbelt setup.

i dont really have to run an alt, but it beats having to hook up an battery charger after every run

im suspecting the flywheel is gonna be a problem,though i could have sworn b&m maybe made an sfi flywheel/flexplate,the whole thing does scare me a bit ive broken one already snapped it clean off the center hub.luckily it didnt come apart at high rpms
              sigpic

Comment

I need to get a rule book. Are you allowed to strengthen them?
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

as for the balancer/damper try ATI performance products. i've seen they have a damper for the 3400's. they might make something for the rwd 660's as well.

Last edited by treeZ24; 04-08-2007, 12:47 AM.
                  got zap-straps?
                  89 Z24
                  13.886 @ 96.16 mph
                  street trim - slicks

Comment

Summit sells three ATI ones that look like they would work.

MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                    '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
                    http://www.tcemotorsports.com
                    http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

Originally posted by CNCguy View Post
                      Summit sells three ATI ones that look like they would work.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...=KeywordSearch

thnx man

now i need a good sfi flexplate

this is the reason why if any of u are curious as to whats going on
                      Power Adders - build diary : blown alcohol v6 - well the decision has been made, as of today my rs is no longer a street car. ive decided to do a real serious build,im still going to use my current engine/drivetrain setup,except im gonna turn the car into a purpose built drag car. as to give u an idea were im going...

ill have to start a new thread over here once i get the second car
                      sigpic

Comment

'86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Working...
                        X