3400 metal head gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 metal head gaskets

does any1 know of a company that makes them? im just trying to increase the CR a little (i was told metal ones are thinner)
    sigpic
    88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

That I now off thier isn't a company that makes metal head gaskets for the 3400 engines, hmm only head gaskets that are available is the copper ones, but I don't know where you can buy them now.
    But you can call cometic gaskets or email damn and see if they can help you.

Comment

tejohnson had some copper gaskets that he had custom made. They leaked on him though so I don't know if he's still using them or not. I don't exactly remember what the problem was with them, but I believe he had the block o-ringed and everything to go with them.
      '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
      '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
      13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
      Gotta love boost!

Comment

I have them to installed , dont have any prob with them , I bought them from germ aka DPP

Comment

I have read and was told not to use copper on a daily driver because of heat cycling. It weakens the copper and you have to keep an eye on it. Cometic doesn't make gaskets and we need 150 sets ordered at once plus a block/head for them to make the design. I have the motor but I dont have the $$$ right now to get that done. Otherwise id be all over cometic gaskets now.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Head Gaskets

Hi all , So who makes a good gasket with less compressed thickness than the .042 or .040 stock thickness for our 660 `s? Did a search and only found shit for the 4.3 ! A gasket ( not copper ) with a .035 or .038 would be nice , Bill..

Comment

No one. I don't think you'd want a thinner one anyway with our piston to head clearance as it is. Mill the head if you really want that tiny bit of compression increase that will make almost no difference.
              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
              Gotta love boost!

Comment

who made tejohnson the copper head gaskets?

Comment

Head gasket

Hi to all, but shaving the head for that little bit of difference with my block allready 0 decked will make a difference , even if it`s only say 5 Hp it all adds up..Thanks Bill..

Comment

don't use thinner gaskets on the 3400, you'll have the piston kissing the head in no time. you need .040 or so clearance and that's just right with the .060" gasket and the .020 piston pop-up.
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

oh i didnt know that!! i have flat top pistons with 3500 heads, i hope there isnt an issue when i put it back together.

i guess i will be sticking with stock head gasket.

any1 got any info oh O ringing a block? postives and negatives?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alxsmt View Post
                        oh i didnt know that!! i have flat top pistons with 3500 heads, i hope there isnt an issue when i put it back together.

i guess i will be sticking with stock head gasket.

any1 got any info oh O ringing a block? postives and negatives?
                        what pistons?

if you are using the iron head pistons you can run the thinner gasket. ROL makes a .045 compressed one that should handle the upped compression very well. It's graphite. Same one i'm using on my 3500...

stock 3400 pistons pop out of the deck .020" but they are dished. Your flat tops may not pop out.. there is an easy way to find out though...
                        Past Builds;
                        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                        Current Project;
                        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Anyone have any idea what makes the Felpro Extreme Duty head gaskets special? Any way they would work here?
                          SpudFiles
                          Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                          Theopia
                          Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                          3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

I'm also searching for a metal headgasket. Alxsmt would you happen to be the guy who is having ur engine built at auburn auto machine in WA state?
                            Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                            02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                            www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

i am using MTI i believe lol, a local shop got them for me, only $390 or something like that. i am having a shop in mulino, oregon do the machine work for me
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X