90 TGP head questions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 TGP head questions????

ive got an 85 blazer with a 3.4L out of a 95 camaro.... i was wondering if i could swap the heads over from a 1990 TGP and not have to worry about changing pistons???? im planning on turbocharging later.... anyproblems that i might run into let me know! thanks

You will have to get a good tune since you will have high compression. Are you aware that you will have to switch over to the intake and maybe alternator bracket from the TGP.
    Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
    Pet Waste Removal Omaha
    We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
    (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

that would be ok i plan on fabbing up a double alternator bracket anyways... yes i want to switch this thing over to fuel injection that would all be fine with me.... would i be better of replacing the pistons??? i would like to run boost on this motor...

Comment

I'm not sure how much you will gain swapping to the 3.1mpfi heads. They are aluminum yes, but don't flow that well. The 3.4 heads are iron and should be pretty stout. The 3.4 from camaro makes 165 hp IIRC, and the 3.1mpfi made 145. So not sure what the result from that swap would be.

You can run boost with stock compression, you just need a good tune and not to push the boost too far. You'll have more power before spool up since you will have a N/A compression motor.

Maybe others can chime in, but if swapping heads, I would go to a gen3 3100(2000+)/3400 setup since those make the real power. Otherwise turbo it, and then after you get that running good and all setup, swap the heads and intakes, and re-tune for more power.

That's my suggestion.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

ALL aluminum heads are better...WAY better than the iron heads. The iron heads suck ass. You can boost with high compression as well. Look in the flow charts...http://60degreev6.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
          Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
          Pet Waste Removal Omaha
          We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
          (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

Where did the 3.4 camaro motor get the extra horse? Cam, intake manifold, and .3L more bore? Are the head the same as the gen1 iron heads? I think at least the intakes are compatible..

yeah aluminum heads will help with KR too. Go for gen3 stuff if you can, I'm sure it will fit since you have a blazer and not a camaro.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
            X