wires from coil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wires from coil packs

Hey everybody, I'm at the end of my rope with this one. I bought an Auto-meter tach and i needed a tach adapter for it to hook up to the coil packs. The instructions say that in the wires running from the coil harness to the packs themselves, theres a pink wire, thats the coil 12 volt positive. Can somebody please tell me what side this pink wire is on? I spent 260.00 dollars on an Auto-Meter Cobalt C2 tach and i want to be able to use it.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanx Jeff
    93 chevy corsica 3.1 MPFI V6

Uhhh, you don't need a tach adaptor.

Just tap into the purple or if you have it, the black/white (at or coming from the ignition module), this will give you a tach signal.

Comment

Should be a white wire up in the dash behind the cluster plug harness. That's all you need.
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Thanx for the help but i still don't have this darn thing hooked up. The people at auto-meter said that when hooking an auto-meter tach to a DIS ignition that i need an adapter. I been looking at my wiring schematics and i found a tan/blk, wht, ppl/wht, blk/red, and a pnk/blk wire. Going on the instructions that came with the adapter, one of these is the ignition 12 volt supply comming from the ignition switch, and one of the others is the coil positive wire.
        i'm a fairly good mechanic but me and wires don't get along, so some body let me know hat some of these wires are please.
        Thanx again
        Jeff

Comment

I hooked an auto meter tach up in my car, i hooked powere and ground off the radio wires, so it comes on with the key, and i hooked the signal wire to the ignition module, cant remember which pin but i can look and see if ya want.

1996 Beretta
          3100 SFI TURBO
          T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
          13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

Originally posted by 93chevy_corsica View Post
            Thanx for the help but i still don't have this darn thing hooked up. The people at auto-meter said that when hooking an auto-meter tach to a DIS ignition that i need an adapter. I been looking at my wiring schematics and i found a tan/blk, wht, ppl/wht, blk/red, and a pnk/blk wire. Going on the instructions that came with the adapter, one of these is the ignition 12 volt supply comming from the ignition switch, and one of the others is the coil positive wire.
            i'm a fairly good mechanic but me and wires don't get along, so some body let me know hat some of these wires are please.
            Thanx again
            Jeff
            ppl/wht, or possibly also the blk/red.

Comment

so you did'nt use the adapter? Wow i spent 80 bucks for nothin! My e-mail is chevrolet_silverado10@yahoo.com let me know what all u had to do and where all this stuff is please.
              Jeff

Comment

ill look and let you know

1996 Beretta
                3100 SFI TURBO
                T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.

Comment

its the second wire on the side with both plugs, its the bigger of the two. so it should be ont the top. its purple and white, on my 96. also are you interested in summit coils or a jet chip or a 60degreev6 chip?

1996 Beretta
                  3100 SFI TURBO

Comment

Working...
                  X