jet or hypertech??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet or hypertech??

okay i was online and seen they have either hypertech or jet chip for the 94-95 3100.

i figure since mms only provide chip upgrade for obd2.
    or if we have the money to convert are "obd 1.5" to obd2.

but anyway....umm which whould be better jet or hypertech?

i've been reading up on em'.
    and yes i've done a search...but most of em' concerned about the 99+ not having any chip....
    1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Neither one of them is any good. I haven't heard any good things about them and have heard they can actually cause power LOSS. I don't know where exactly since I only deal with tuning obd2, but I know there are better places you can get chips or whatever for tuning obd1. Someone here can tell you.
    '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
    '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
    13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
    Gotta love boost!

Comment

well hopefully someone can help me....
      what i wanna do is change the shift points, cooling fan, advance timing etc....

Comment

There is nothing for 94-95 pushrods. The jet and hypertech stuff is crap for 60V6 engines unfortunately.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

damn! why
          you figure the 3.1mpfi has something...hell even the 2.8 has something!
          why not a 94-95 n body 3100

Comment

Because the computer is a mixed up deal. Its not a removable chip and its not 32 bit code like OBD2.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i would talk to someone like 3400-modified about doing an OBDII swap to gain tunability and better performance

Comment

Agreed i didnt find anything on 94-95 3100 vehicles, i did find a Digital Horsepower programmer for my 96 3100 obdII, but its "ONLY" $400

1996 Beretta
                3100 SFI TURBO
                T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
                13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

yea the only thing availible for a 3100 is for the grand prix...which looks like my pcm.

and if i convert to odb2 mms has the kit for about $800, and i think it includes the labor to install....i dunno.

i was trying to get this 97 grand am gt...it has a busted 3100 and i was waiting for pic's but it seems he/she always had excuses....

Comment

there are way better ways than MMS to bet the swap done, and far cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                      Because the computer is a mixed up deal. Its not a removable chip and its not 32 bit code like OBD2.

ummm the chip is removable.
                      i just took my oem pcm and seen the chip.
                      inside i seen a chip or something that said flash..i dunno.

so i went and got a 94 grandprix 3100 pcm.
                      it runs...but according to my scanner it thinks the car is in park.
                      so when i hit 4k while driving it'll hit the limiter.

but in nuetral it'll hit 6,200rpms limiter.

after a while though of driving it'll by pass the 4k limiter.
                      oh also the shifts are way different.

she'll go in 4th gear above 40mph.

i'm still open to suggestions...oh as for the engine swap.
                      there's this shop he felt very confident in swapping a 00+ 3100.
                      but with a 3400 he was a bit un easy.....

i was gonna tell him all you need to swap is the injectors, egr.
                      but.....

oh yea also does anyone know that if the 94-95 3100 pcm's has a 4k rev limiter??

Comment

That "chip" you are seeing is NOT the PROM for the PCM, but actually the knock sensor module. The PCM is generic accross several platforms, and thus knock sensors can be different. Therefore, they make it removable. The knock sensor module was also installed on the old removable EPROMs. The actual chip inside that says "Flash" and is soldered onto the board, that is the EEPROM that actually controls the engine and such.
                        -Brad-
                        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                        sigpic
                        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

damn! your right...why did gm do this.
                          i mean why is it availible for the grand prix, and not for the grand am!

Comment

do a motor swap to a 3400 if ya got the time, and money.

1996 Beretta
                            3100 SFI TURBO
                            T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
                            13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

okay why a 3400 and why not a 99+ 3100.

Comment

Working...
                              X