Dyno Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Run

ok, so as soon as i get the stupid fender and bumper on, im going to get a dyno run to lay a base line, then ill put on the UIM,LIM,65 TB, cam, springs, pushrods, and wideband, plus elec cutout and new built trans w LSD and stall converter, but before that does anyone have a bet on what my HP will be, im keepin it simple and just askin HP but if you wanna throw in TQ then go ahead. ill let u know what i have now

02 GAGT 3400:
    ss headers
    high flow cat
    CAI
    180* t stat
    Taylor 8.5 MM wires
    Borla full catback
    DHP PCM 1.0
    runnin 1 range colder autolite copper w/90 fuel
    Ill add the AFPR in the mix when i go to see if i can tune with that also, if i have time. oh yah and my car has 174k mi on the clock

any guesses

i say 150 lowest 160 highest

It will be interesting to see. The headers add a lot of power, and how in depth is the tune with the dhp? Depending how well your torque converter and tranny are holding up now I'd say around 160 - 165whp, and maybe 190lb ft of torque.

Any ideas when you'll be goin to the dyno? A week, a month?

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

few weeks when i get my boldy work done, and the tune is just the PCM 1.5 havent used the PT yet, but i will before i go, a good VE tune and some timing and PE/AE tune on the rollers when i go with a wideband, torque converter clutch is kinda shot, its holds...sometimes, but the trans is a fresh rebuild from 130k miles its at 174k now

but after that, the new tranny is going in which i built and with the higher stall converter and LSD also
      Last edited by gectek; 02-27-2007, 12:43 AM. Reason: add

Comment

FYI, the only things you should be changing at the dyno are PE and timing. Everything else, like LTFTs, AE and VE, should already be right before hitting the dyno.
        Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

well yah, i just gotta hit the tuning hard first, but i gotta work on my other probs first, but i havent even really cracked the books on tuning, ive read through the manual a little, but i cant get too much into it due to lack of alot of time with my car right now, so i can do the PE and tuning on the rollers, what do i need to look for with the PE, i heard timing can be put higher until u see KR then back off a little for a base? right. but i dont know about PE, its just enrichment for acc, or is it for anything over part throttle?

Comment

PE = Performance Enrichment. It's not about enrichment for acceleration, its about a enrichened AFR for wide open throttle(WOT). PE will engage at the throttle position you set it to engage at (I believe stock is at 70 % throttle), but that depends on when you hit about 92 kPa for a N/A setup.

Timing can be advanced a little but every engine is different. Some can take more, others less. You just have to play with it in baby steps to know what your engine will take. Currently I have advanced my good fuel spark table by 3 degrees. If I increase it more, the car doesn't like it. Your car may be different.

Do plenty of reading on this at the DHP forums. If you have any questions after that, then feel free to ask.

Comment

well im already running the spark table that DHP gave in the 1.5 pcm, and havent had ANY KR in an condition, and i can run 85/87/90/91 and have no KR at all, the only prob i have is power in the upper rpm above about 5k, which is prob due to valve float, but im fixin that soon. i read on gmv6pcm alot, but man that layout and display kick my @$$ tryin to read and concentrate...then they like to go into L67 stuff which i dont care for, but ill see what i can find there

Comment

Is the DHP 1.5 spark table any different than stock, I went through it a long time ago and don't remember any changes.
                2000 Grand Am GT
                2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

maybe a little, i havent gone too in depth with them to find out, its kinda confusing over there, but if you show me where i might find the tables i can look at them and see

Comment

Originally posted by gectek View Post
                    well im already running the spark table that DHP gave in the 1.5 pcm, and havent had ANY KR in an condition, and i can run 85/87/90/91 and have no KR at all, the only prob i have is power in the upper rpm above about 5k, which is prob due to valve float, but im fixin that soon. i read on gmv6pcm alot, but man that layout and display kick my @$$ tryin to read and concentrate...then they like to go into L67 stuff which i dont care for, but ill see what i can find there
                    You never did compare that DHP table with the stock table. The 1.5 file is a starter file for tuning, it is not a tuned file. Only some very basic changes were made and that's it. You bought a Powrtuner just so you could tune this file.

You run out of power at 5K because that's were the stock cam runs out of power. Valve float is not causing that.

Comment

well thats where it is noticeable, but it starts below that, but i havent had any time to tune, because of alot of other probs and stuff going on. when i get the injector fixed ill take a look at all of it, but i havent even powered the PT up and ran any programs, its still in the box. i had to find an interface from 15 to 9 pin first...took a while cuz when i got it i lived in the boonies...but i got it now, all the programs and updates for the programs, and now im just waiting

Comment

Working...
                      X