something to do with parts i have around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something to do with parts i have around

i was looking for input on a small prodject i'm starting with a spare engine i have it's a3.1 iron head engine, i was think about putting it together with a small turbo and putting it in a sand rail me and my buddy are building, i was going to run all stock internals with about 5 pounds of boost on a carb, and was planning on modifying a throttle body intake to except a carb, sound liek a decent thing to do with an old engine, i'm not looking for a lot of power may 200hp or around there it's just going to be a little play toy.

Hi there!

A quick note if you don't have the TBI intake on hand yet. The TBI intake bores are "twisted" such that their centerline is at an angle, compared to traditional carb. bores that are either fore-and-aft or side-by-side. It also has three mounting bolts instead of four. Not show-stoppers but something to keep in mind.
    1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
    2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

yea i know about the tbi intakes i figured on cutting the center open making an adapter to fit the top of, it wouldn't be anything speacial but hey i have all the parts but the tbi intake, i even have a turbo off of a vovlo 4 cyl and i figure i can use the log style manifolds and crossover and put the turbo right at the end of the turn down, sure wouldn't be pretty, but hell it would be fun in dirt

Comment

Working...
      X