Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Help

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Hello my name is Zero and I just sign on to this forum. I know this a dumb question but I was wondering if any you guys and girls have any ideas on how to squeeze out more horsepower out of a 3100 SFI V6 engine. I all ready know about the CAI (still trying to find a company the makes one for my car), I am hopefully going to instill a larger Throttle Body (from a 56mm to a 62mm {still trying a company for that as well}) and swap the stock ehaust system with a new SLP or Flowmaster Exhaust system. And I replaceing the old plug and wires with New spark plugs and 8.5mm spark wires. Any ideas would be greatly apperated. I am working with a budgut of about 2,000$
    I have a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT with a 3100 SFI V6 engine. It has an automatic 4-speed transmission.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

For some the parts that I list what are some companies that make these parts. I check out the store. I like the TB but they are all out of stack when will they be finished. Also who makes headers for that engine type. I would probably buy on. Any help would be greatful.
    Last edited by Zero; 01-30-2007, 10:32 PM.

yah, you should use the search button. that will answer almost all of your questions, and look on this sites store, upper left corner link, and also the store subcategory, it has all the info on what is offered

Comment

i dont know if the 3400 headers will work on your older GA or not, but www.ssheaders.com sells the only ones for the v6 ga at this time, i know that pace setter is looking at them also, and a few others that wont be mentioned on this site. the last time u posted this, Tdunk told u who makes the CAI, also Dr speed makes a few that will fit, and try andysautosport.com. slp doesnt make an exhuast for your car either, but you can use magnaflow or flowmaster, but i forget if your exhaust has the 2 mufflers or the single dual outlet muffler, any of the stuff that the store has for the 3400 will more than likely work for your 3100, a swap is also a good choice, itll give you more power and a better platform. with the 3400 you can go 3500 top end swap or even 3500 swap altogether

Comment

I have 1 62mm TB in stock right now (just got it today). I have 2 65mm TBs that would work with a 3500 upper intake or a pre 99 manifold
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

For the TB, I have cruise control on my car. What linkage setup should I buy. I thinking setup B

Comment

Where in mass are you located?

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

www.mpracing.org/store for the CAI and there's a couple of other things for your grand am.

Comment

SS headers won't fit. The rear bank specifically since the downpipe is in a different location on the newer N-bodies. That section would have to be cut and/or rebent and then recoated if they were coated. To do this would mean considerable downtime for the car and a good amount of cash.

The SLP exhaust would work but it wouldn't be bolt-on easy. You would need an exhaust shop to cut, bend, and weld some pieces together. It'd probably be cheaper to get a reputable shop to fabricate the pipe and buy some good mufflers. 2.5" pipe is the way to go (stock is 2") with future upgrades in mind and try and get mandrel bends if possible. Flowmaster Delta 40's are pretty popular and sound good with the 3x00's but I find they're a little too loud without a resonator/pre-muffler. You can also get the camaro/firebird transverse mufflers to fit and might be cheaper still since you only have to buy one muffler
                Last edited by Azrael; 01-31-2007, 08:49 PM.
                1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

I live in Malden, 20 mins out of Boston. Not a bad place to live.
                  Last edited by Zero; 01-31-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdunk View Post
                    www.mpracing.org/store for the CAI and there's a couple of other things for your grand am.
                    he has a 98... that wont work

Comment

Working...
                    X