No announcement yet.

Another Custom Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grinding the welds smooth is a big nono, the manifold is made from .090 thick aluminum,except for the flanges which is 1/2 thick aluminum flat stock,grinding the welds smooth would weaken the to the point of the manifold breaking apart at the seams under high boost.if it was an n/a engine id do it in a heart beat,but then again i love the look of a nice weld anyway,so ill prolly just hit the whole thing with some aluminum polish and a buffing wheel,or just get it jet hot coated
    sigpic

Comment

OHHH, looks can be decieving in pics! It appears to be more like .250 (closer to 1/4"). I do have to say though that your welds do resemble stacked nickels (wish mine looked that good!).
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

closer shot of the welds
        not my best buy not my worst either

sigpic

Comment

i gotta say man, i'm pretty impressed with that work. i bought my tig welder in hopes of designing and creating manifolds like that.

need a lil more practice until the welds look like that though.
          got zap-straps?
          89 Z24
          13.886 @ 96.16 mph
          street trim - slicks

Comment

Did you use the stock throttlebody flange? Just curious why you would keep it that small.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Did you use the stock throttlebody flange? Just curious why you would keep it that small.
              yeah on that particular manifold i did,this is a prototype of ones i will be selling on another board,this was the simplest way to keep a bolton instalation,but i can add diff flanges/sizes upon request,the manifold on my car is setup to accept a 90mm ford style tb with a simple flange change.
              sigpic

Comment

nice, i would look into swain coatings for the bottom of that plenum though, specifically their white lightning coating

Comment

hey any of u iron head guys,this manifold is going into production in the next 2-3 weeks,prices range from 250 for a raw aluminum uim to 275-340 for powdercoated or ceramic coated,many color choices available
                  sigpic

Comment

id be interested but i know it wont clear my hood. as it is, with the fiero intake i have about 1/8" of hood clearance, and i have rub marks from were its brushed the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkey View Post
                      id be interested but i know it wont clear my hood. as it is, with the fiero intake i have about 1/8" of hood clearance, and i have rub marks from were its brushed the hood.
                      Boostedrs : correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the same height as the stock RWD3.1 - even using the same bolts? Haven't got my hands on one YET but am helping him get these produced. I can also vouch for the powdercoating, the same guy who's going to coat these did my TB.
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

no these are a lil taller,(f-bodya have a decent amount of clearance)but it would be nothing for me to make one the stock hieght
                        sigpic

Comment

would like to see how much power it adds and where before I spring for themoney

Comment

i was planning on building my own intake anyways. i was going to mimmic a 350 tpi intake, were the runners bolt to the side of the plenum. however i wont be building it for a while now, i have another major project for the car that im starting soon.

Comment

be more affordable to do this intake mod instead of 3400 top end swapping, not to mention cheaper! i'd consider it.
                              Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                              fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by torq455 View Post
                                be more affordable to do this intake mod instead of 3400 top end swapping, not to mention cheaper! i'd consider it.

That intake will only fit RWD (iron head) intakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X