No announcement yet.

3100 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bang for the buck would be new large port intake manifold. Since your 3100 is a 96 you should have roller rockers. If you do, then swapping on a large port lower and upper is a no brainer. If you don't then you'll have to grind the LIM to clearance like I did, or swap on new heads (3400 or 2000+ 3100 heads) which gain you a little better performance too.

Now for a direct bolt on LIM to your coolant pipe, you'll need a 96-97 (maybe 9 mini van. It's threaded for your coolant pipe. or get a newer one and tap it.

The 2000+ upper will bolt on and you can use the new style EGR with your existing wiring, but you might need the metal tube that goes to the exhaust. A 3500 upper requires a little more modification, and porting, but is even better. It has the same style EGR as 2000+. Click my avatar, then select all threads started by user, and look for 3500 swap check list I think is the title. I've got a lot of stuff in that thread detailed out for the 3500 upper.

For a direct bolt on upper, a 3400 from the same year mini-vans would work too, and your EGR goes right up to it.

So intakes or heads and intakes would be good if you dont want to pull the motor. And yes good designed headers would be cool.

Question: When you guys are saying crank horsepower, you guys aren't rating it net are you? Cause net a whole 3400 is only 185....
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Im pretty sure he is talking CHP and the MMS numbers are at the wheels.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

All I need right now are mods that'll get me close/bang on to 220 - 250 HP. If I don't need heads or anything else except what was listed earlier then I don't see a reason to add them to my list (for those that are posting that :P). Unless I actually do need 'em?

Yes I mean CHP, it makes more sense to me right now

Oh and again, thanks for all the help guys!
        Last edited by Sidewinder; 01-24-2007, 01:28 AM.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

[oijuoji
          Last edited by fivepointhustla; 01-24-2007, 04:27 AM.
          Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
          Pet Waste Removal Omaha
          We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
          (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinder View Post
            All I need right now are mods that'll get me close/bang on to 220 - 250 HP. If I don't need heads or anything else except what was listed earlier then I don't see a reason to add them to my list (for those that are posting that :P). Unless I actually do need 'em?

Yes I mean CHP, it makes more sense to me right now

Oh and again, thanks for all the help guys!
            BEST bang for the buck is going to be nitrous. Cheap, reliable and easy (IF done properly isn't hard)...Fat chance of getting there all motor.
            Last edited by fivepointhustla; 01-24-2007, 04:27 AM.
            Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
            Pet Waste Removal Omaha

Comment

What does delta charge for a new cam and regrind. I don't sell used hollow tube bullshit. You talk about reliability and then say "junk yard cam with regrind'. ROFL!

This thread isn't about your goals for glory. Its about 220-250 chp, which doesn't require new rods or pistons. Stock rods better take 300 with ARP rod bolts. The 3800 uses shitty cast rods (ROFL) and we have forged steel rods stock.

Show me a broken crank and then we can talk about your destroked wonder crank from eagle. Or how about you start a thread about what YOU want to build.

Im not sure what you can get out of a 3100 without porting the heads honestly. Headers, larger throttle body, 3400 heads, ported 3400 manifolds...might get you there.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by fivepointhustla View Post
                BEST bang for the buck is going to be nitrous. Cheap, reliable and easy (IF done properly isn't hard)...Fat chance of getting there all motor. You can turbo it for 3k, you can slap an m90 on it for "cheap" or run a nice juice system for $700.
                Are you insane? Are you even reading the same posts I am?
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

My bad I have that 220-250 now and it isn't jack to me so I have a totally different perspective. Build it right, build it once.
                  Last edited by fivepointhustla; 01-24-2007, 04:28 AM.
                  Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                  Pet Waste Removal Omaha

Comment

Crank is proven past 350. Stock rods with machine work are going to be good for a while as well, though it depends on the RPM and detonation control.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

What can the rods take? That is my concern now and that is what I only run a 100-125 shot. I want to step up to a 150 as soon as I get my FJO mini installed.
                      Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                      Pet Waste Removal Omaha

Comment

Im not sure what the rods are good to. Pistons are going to be weaker than the rods though.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well i'm not sure if it makes a difference if my 3100 is a 2001, but. A new grinded Cam, UIM, LIM, and TB. Should get you the power you want and i think not positive its like 600 all together. Plus you should get a Cat Back Exhaust which will help as well. Thats about 500-1k and their relatively easy to install. If you want to go nos. Zex has a nice kit for around 500 which is a 75 shot and can be safely run on your engine stock with a 55 shot.
                          Last edited by Tdunk; 01-24-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

What is a CBE?
                            -Brad-
                            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                            sigpic
                            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

To Isaac: I looked for your post, but couldn't find it. I guess it would help if the search function worked, but for some reason it doesn't work for me at all.

So that means I can swap just the 3500 UIM and LIM onto my engine? If so I that will be one of the things I'm going to do along with the TB.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

You cannot use the 3500 lower on the 3400 heads. You can use the 3500 upper on a 3400 lower.
                                Last edited by SappySE107; 01-27-2007, 04:37 PM. Reason: #@$%
                                Ben
                                60DegreeV6.com
                                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                                X