3100 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heads

not sure ware you live but around hear you can get .050 in planed off your heads which raise your compresion never seen any one do it on a 60v6 but on a V8 it has nice results just a thout

Comment

Copy pasted from the website:

Blair Henze's '98 Lumina LS
      Blair's Lumina puts down 183.7HP & 178.7TQ at the wheels. Dyno Sheet

Stage 2 3100 - Proof that good things do come in small packages

Milzy Motorsports 3100 Cold Air Intake
      Milzy Motorsports 2.5" Dual Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Round Muffler, no cat
      Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 Camshaft
      Milzy Motorsports Ported & Polished 3100 Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds (2000+ style)
      Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 3100 Heads (milled .020")
      Fast Forward Under-Drive Crank Pulley
      Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 PCM
      Intense Poly Motor Mounts
      ZZP Billet Dogbones
      Autolite 104's
      180* T-Stat
      EGR Delete
      3400 Throttle Body
      BMR Front and Rear Lateral Arms
      BMR Trailing Arms
      GM Front Strut Tower Bar

The stage 2 heads alone cost "$1,199.99" (copy pasted), let alone everything else done to get to that point.

Does that mean I can't swap a newer 3100? That actually isn't a horrible idea, because all I would need to do is swap everything and nothing would change no? Pulling the engine and putting a basically identical one back in I think I can do. It would be helpful to work on it before hand as well. I'm just not sure about the swap because it will kill my budget more than likely.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

The 3400 block is the same deal as a 3100 as far as a swap goes. Get a 96-99 3400 engine out of a minivan and it drops right in. Dunno about quality from 96-99 from a used motor though.

Yes, you can easily spend a lot on heads. I have some expensive options on the store, but that is just the way it goes for quality.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

True enough, but if I don't need them to get decent power then there is no reason to get them yet. Yeah that is the other issue, I at least know how my motor was handled (which was very well, my dad takes amazing care of his cars) so thats another reason I am wary of swapping in another engine.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

The 3400 is the same i was just saying if you wanted to keep the 3100 you could just get an upgraded one. I know my friend with a 98 cutlass with the older 3100SFI is upgrading to a newer 3100. Its up to you man but honestly i'd work together a plan and buy from ben. If there are any problems with anything this forum can answer just about anything. lol trust me i'm a newb and its the best site for our engines. lol and on the heads ben yea haha for my 3100 i added up like 2800 for the heads lol.
            Last edited by Tdunk; 01-19-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

See the issue for me is finding an engine that is in as good of shape as mine is. Yes mine has high mileage, but its also been well taken care of, and I don't want to get a used engine that's in worse shape than mine. I'm going to figure out a plan for this spring for modding, and maybe have a look around and see what I can find engine wise. Again thanks for your help.

Comment

Well reguradless of how many miles she may have trust me she's old and could go out at any time. Then again ive seen new cars go out right after someones bought them.

Comment

remember the AMG incedent a few years back? poor poor amg owners... oh wait, their amg owners, they aren't poor at all so f' them

best bet is getting a new, low mileage 3400 out of something like an equinox and then swapping on your parts, not really that hard

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinder View Post
                    Copy pasted from the website:

Blair Henze's '98 Lumina LS
                    Blair's Lumina puts down 183.7HP & 178.7TQ at the wheels. Dyno Sheet

Stage 2 3100 - Proof that good things do come in small packages

Milzy Motorsports 3100 Cold Air Intake
                    Milzy Motorsports 2.5" Dual Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Round Muffler, no cat
                    Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 Camshaft
                    Milzy Motorsports Ported & Polished 3100 Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds (2000+ style)
                    Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 3100 Heads (milled .020")
                    Fast Forward Under-Drive Crank Pulley
                    Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 PCM
                    Intense Poly Motor Mounts
                    ZZP Billet Dogbones
                    Autolite 104's
                    180* T-Stat
                    EGR Delete
                    3400 Throttle Body
                    BMR Front and Rear Lateral Arms
                    BMR Trailing Arms
                    GM Front Strut Tower Bar

The stage 2 heads alone cost "$1,199.99" (copy pasted), let alone everything else done to get to that point.
                    PLEASE tell me you are not trying to mimic this motor...For the money invested you could have a 300-400hp 3100 for cheaper.
                    Last edited by fivepointhustla; 01-22-2007, 07:58 PM.
                    Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                    Pet Waste Removal Omaha
                    We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
                    (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

I was originally thinking about doing similar mods, but after talking to people (including those on this forum), I think I have changed my mind.

Comment

Well, with boost you can do it cheaper but to build up an engine to make the most from NA or boost is going to require money.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just for the heads, IM, cam and exhaust w/o any mufflers your looking at a little over 2k. Now from the looks of that intake you could do the same port job, get a cheaper custom cam, forged shortblock and a juice kit for a little more than just 2-2.5k!
                          Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                          Pet Waste Removal Omaha

Comment

forged shortblock? Cheaper custom cam? Where?
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Sorry I should have been specific. V8 rods and bearings, stock or eagle crank, custom pistons. I forgot delta ran out of blanks, but you can send a junk yard cam to them for cheaper than $350.
                              Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
                              Pet Waste Removal Omaha

Comment

eagle makes a 2.8 crank that is cast steel. I sell regrinds for 300 using a new solid core cam. V8 rods just weigh more and aren't needed for most apps, custom pistons if you want higher compression or forged but you need a lot of boost to make that necessary.
                                Ben
                                60DegreeV6.com
                                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                                X