No announcement yet.

built bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question is how much will the stock bottom end hold? 15psi? 20psi? 25psi? 400whp? that's what i want to know and might have to find out the hard way.....

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

well on my next dyno session with the 3500 i hope to see at least 450-500 wheel.!

Comment

hey farmerz24 is that 3500 n/a or does it got boost ? anywayz 450-500 is very impresive
        01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

The most I actually dynoed was 430 to the wheels at 16 psi. I did run it as high as 19 psi (probably around 480 wheel HP) with no problems.

The problem is always going to be traction and drivetrain, though. I busted a couple of trannies, several stock axles, several Driveshaft Shop Axles, so.
          Curtis
          91\' Turbo Z24
          http://www.turboz24.com

Comment

Is your bottom end stock z24?
            Clean Feet Pet Clean Up
            Pet Waste Removal Omaha
            We offer dog waste removal and cat waste removal services.
            (402) 320-3824, We service the Omaha, Ne. metropolitan area.

Comment

Originally posted by rickykline View Post
              i might just drop in a 3500 and throw in the forged crank if it doesnt have one in it.. then 327 rods with a nice set of 8.5:1 wisecos... anyone have the specs of the 3500 crank? and rods?
              327 rods won't work on a 3500 crank, the rod journals are different sized.

with a 3500 crank you're stuck with the 5.7" rods for the 4.3 V6 then custom pistons will be needed...
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by farmerz24 View Post
                well on my next dyno session with the 3500 i hope to see at least 450-500 wheel.!
                thats insane lol
                your going to have to take me for a spin in that beast this summer lol
                where do you take her for the dyno and how much is it?

Comment

Is your bottom end stock z24?

The only "Stock" part is the block and crank. Crower forged rods, Ross racing forged pistons.
                  Curtis
                  91\' Turbo Z24

Comment

turboz24 - i don't get it 430whp and only a 12.3 1/4? what gives......

Comment

I think thats called traction issues...

Got Lope?
                      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Yes i know that, but IMO I would think that you turn the boost up as you do mods to gain traction......

Comment

full boogie FTW!!! who cares about traction...just get some M/T crinkle walls

Comment

Actually, the 12.31 run was only on 10 psi. I did attempt to run 16 psi for the track, but on launch, sheared the driver's side Driveshaft shop inner CV, so never got a run in.
                            Curtis
                            91\' Turbo Z24

Comment

oh damn, well at least i know the bottom end won't be the weak point then...

Comment

yeah guys I wouldn't worry about the bottom end much. Midnight is running all stock and is breaking axles.. I'd worry about transmission. I mean there is only so far you can take these cars before trans is the limiting factor...
                                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                                Original L82 Longblock
                                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
                                X