No announcement yet.

Crazy idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard of stock bottom end 60V6s with 200+ shots. I dont know how often or how many times but that alone tells me a 100 shot should be no problem with proper tuning. I can see 150 with proper tuning actually but I would hate to guess wrong and someone blow it up. However, if you don't care, then start at 50 and tune it. Then do 75.

I have a chip for an 87 celebrity if you want to try it. I could back off the spark for you as you increase the nitrous but you will need to take care of the fueling. If you have a laptop, you can get software free and make or buy a cable and datalog what the engine is doing. No matter what you are doing that has EFI, you need to know what the computer is doing.

You should probably upgrade the injectors if you plan to go much past 75 shot. Oh, and I think you should do a gen 3 top end swap at the very least. I really doubt a 75 shot will give you 75 hp with those manifolds on there. Hell, get the ITB from shaun. That would be a kick ass test bed for nitrous.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

im doing wet shots, so fueling will be taken care of.

and is this chip programmable...?

what all would i need for the top end swap? just the head and what not?

i would like to be able to do a 100 shot, but it looks liek the pistons wont hold under 100.

and im am doing this in december, its going to push my other project back some... but i think it will be worth it.

what all is involved in tuning?

and i do have a laptop, what is the software for the tuning?

and who is this shaun person and how can i get in touch with him.

Comment

anyone have more info on the chip?

Comment

-Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

k sweet, but can i reprogram this chip.. or do i have to send it back in everytime i change something?

Comment

If you want the chip I have, you would have to send it back to me for any changes. If you get the cable, and download freescan, I can use the datalog to see whats going on. You can get the cable from moates.net. They also have the burner if you want to learn how to program it yourself. I modified a different chip so that I could use that software though. You can't use your stock chip as a starting point with the software because it doesn't support that code mask. 91 works just fine with the changes I made.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so what chip are you using?

Comment

Working...
                X