Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more EGR *pics*

i finally got rid of the EGR 100%

i didn't use a blockoff plate because i wanted to add a McMaster-Carr manifold distribution block there later. soooo....i drilled out the EGR passage in the plenum and tapped it for 1/2" NPT and installed a brass plug. the 3 mounting holes unfortunately go straight through (they aren't blind holes) so i bought some M10x1.25 allen head set screws and screwed them in (with thread tape of course). you can see that i cut off the vacuum line that previously went to the EGR and capped it (yellow cap):

i also took my crossover pipe to the local exhaust shop and had them completely remove the EGR bung and weld it up. the bung used to stick down into the pipe about 3/8" so if anything it even helped exhaust flow....even if only a tiny bit:

btw EGR function is already shut off in the chip so no SES light.
    '91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo / Getrag HM-282 5-speed - 13psi / lightly modded
    '98 Regal GS - 3800 Series II Supercharged/HM-4T65E-HD - 180* T-stat, otherwise stock

GM W-body Forums

i'd think about epoxying those little studs in there to give the best seal possible especially with boost. thread seal tape isn't meant to seal regular threads, it's intended to aid tapered pipe threads in sealing. so it might work its way out of there someday.

Comment

looks good but why get rid of it??
      1996 beretta w/a 04' 3400 3.5 top end, 42.5lb hr, 180*thermo, t3t4 .63ar 60 trim, LC1 WB, FMIC, greddy rs BOV,TIAL 38mm wastegate,791xv,fidanza,stage III clutch,TG LSD,ffp udp,walbro 255 lph,strut tower brace,22 rear sway,30 front sway,92 5sp tranny,92 subframes,all solid mounts,kyb shocks and struts,eibachs,battery in trunk,tgp map sensor,DHP Powrtuner,euro front and rear and more to come soon...mods sitting in boxes waiting install....zo4 kit,GTU wing,and more..

Comment

Originally posted by patgizz View Post
        i'd think about epoxying those little studs in there to give the best seal possible especially with boost. thread seal tape isn't meant to seal regular threads, it's intended to aid tapered pipe threads in sealing. so it might work its way out of there someday.
        yeah you're probably right Pat. i put enough thread tape on that it was pretty tight to screw them in, but i'll probably take them out and add some epoxy. maybe red loc-tite would work? anything in particular i should use?

thanks
        '91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo / Getrag HM-282 5-speed - 13psi / lightly modded
        '98 Regal GS - 3800 Series II Supercharged/HM-4T65E-HD - 180* T-stat, otherwise stock

GM W-body Forums

Comment

Originally posted by rickykline View Post
          looks good but why get rid of it??

Originally posted by TurboSedan View Post

because i wanted to add a McMaster-Carr manifold distribution block there later
          that's why

GM W-body Forums

Comment

yeah looks real good man nice job !!!!1
            01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSedan View Post
              that's why
              explain...lol
              1996 beretta w/a 04' 3400 3.5 top end, 42.5lb hr, 180*thermo, t3t4 .63ar 60 trim, LC1 WB, FMIC, greddy rs BOV,TIAL 38mm wastegate,791xv,fidanza,stage III clutch,TG LSD,ffp udp,walbro 255 lph,strut tower brace,22 rear sway,30 front sway,92 5sp tranny,92 subframes,all solid mounts,kyb shocks and struts,eibachs,battery in trunk,tgp map sensor,DHP Powrtuner,euro front and rear and more to come soon...mods sitting in boxes waiting install....zo4 kit,GTU wing,and more..

Comment

that's the McMaster-Carr manifold distribution block that i have on my Lebaron GTS Turbo:

on my GTS it's the source for MAP sensor, FPR, BOV & boost gauge but can also be used to source the boost controller or used as a source to activate extra injectors and/or alcohol injection via a hobbs switch.

GM W-body Forums

Comment

nice.. got part numbers on that... i plan to run all the above but my 3400 doesnt have near enough vacuum lines...

Comment

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

you'll see a category titled "Pipe, Tubing, Hose and Fittings" - look for the link for "manifolds" and you'll see a huge selection manifolds in different lengths, # of outlets, inlet/outlet sizes etc. the part# for the one on my GTS is 5085K51 and cost $18.04. it's a 6-port single sided nickel plated block with 1/4" inlet and 1/8" outlets. i'd probably use a shorter 3-port dual sided block (6-ports total) for the Cutlass (since space is limited there).

GM W-body Forums

Comment

awesome bud... would you happen to know how to make a boost controller?? lol i want one since my wastegate spring is set a 5.7lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by rickykline View Post
                        awesome bud... would you happen to know how to make a boost controller?? lol i want one since my wastegate spring is set a 5.7lbs..
                        i use an adjustable grainger valve MBC from M&M Racing on both my Turbo Cutlass and Lebaron GTS Turbo:

only $25 and it works great! i've never even tried using the TGP wastegate solenoid even though i have like 3 of them laying around here.

as far as making one yourself:

GM W-body Forums

Comment

Ok but what about the issue with the computer looking for the EGR? Please explain.
                          I dont know what this means but "ASS HATS" is funny

Comment

computer sends signal to EGR solenoid, it isnt there or is unplugged, SES light comes on. no biggie. i think josh has chip with the EGR off anyway.

i'd honestly jb-weld those allen screws in.

Comment

Originally posted by patgizz View Post
                              computer sends signal to EGR solenoid, it isnt there or is unplugged, SES light comes on. no biggie. i think josh has chip with the EGR off anyway.

i'd honestly jb-weld those allen screws in.
                              thanks Pat! i'll get that taken care of today. and yeah the EGR function is effectively shut off in my chip so i won't have an SES light.

GM W-body Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X