No announcement yet.

Still running like Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, they are pressed on. The lobes are put on the hollow tube and then a metal ball is forced through the tube, causing it to expand slightly and seat the lobes.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I had a friend of mine bring a scanner out last night, not a cheepo one but a $7000 one. and it gave him no codes, he was expecting to see some misfire codes but there was nothing, and he looked quite baffled, im bangin my head off a wall now. He told me that about a year or so agoe he ran into the same problem on van, said that it turned out that the seats were ground too much in the head and that they werent seating properly causin the valves to be open all the time. When i got the heads done, they told me that they were out more than 10thou, is it possible that there was too much material removed causing the valve stems to be too long and not alowing the valves to close properly? Im gonna pull the valve covers off again tonight and back off the rockers, run another compression test, cause i may have messed up on that too. The cylinder that had the broken rocker and bent pushrod was fine, problems seem to be on cylinders 1&3 now. using a test light to kill the cylinders, 3 showed no change whatso ever. If all else fails the heads will be coming off tonight. maybe grind off a hair on the top of the valve stems.

Comment

Hmm. Maybe your compression test lied to you hehe? Taking off the heads, headgaskets aren't cheap or bolts. But if all else fails, you'll find out what's wrong when you take off the heads I suppose.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
        X