No announcement yet.

Hybrid still not running right:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, make a new thread. It'd be cool to see that. I *do* have a place to work on my car, but not allowed for more than like 1-2 hours at a time. Redicoulous really. What did you do for an engine stand/cherry picker? rent one?

I meant when your car started dying when you pulled back in, what was the a/f gauge reading? normal still?
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

i bought a engine stand, i have a shed but not a garage, so i built my engine in there and ect. cherry picker a lot of people i knwo have them but since a good amount of my friends are into cars i borrowed one.

oh i didn't check the a/f gauge. but this week i should have the pillar pod mounted with the gauge and i'll prolly put my boost gauge in there lols ince there would be a empty hole.

well you can check out the car domain i got a lot of pics so it would take awhile to make a new thread lol
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142113/1
      Last edited by Syn; 07-09-2006, 09:32 PM.
      sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

syn- yeah, you'll have done well if you get it running right. I really don't see the point since you already have a fast car... but whatever floats yer boat.

I just cringe when I read posts here all the time from some young kid swapping parts around on his daily driver in search of 15 more horspower... and ends up causing himself multiple reliability problems.

Anyways, good luck with the project. I got no suggestions.

Comment

It's a hobby that's why. It's something different, and fun and unqiue.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

the cavalier isn't a daily driver i got a saturn or a honda for that job

the cavalier was something i wanted to be a huge sleeper, since i plan on boosting it

i'm 19 big deal young, and i think my setup got me over 15 h/p lol

anyways i didn't post it on here yet but heres a vid

1/4 throttle and shifting at 4500

http://www.filegone.com/kzn8
            sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Syn, made a picture for you. I only spent about 3mins on it, so it's not great or in perspective, but should answer your question about the MAP mounting.

Put the bracket on the manifold like it's sitting on the table. The way it shows in the pic, the map wire connector side should be facing the firewall, with the actual opening of the connector facing the ground. So you are looking at the whole setup from the "backside" of the motor.

The "screws" I think have bolt heads on them, and I think they are sheetmetal type threads. They are small diameter any route and thread into the bracket.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by IsaacHayes; 07-13-2006, 12:43 PM.
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Working...
              X