No announcement yet.

Hybrid still not running right:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday sounds good i'll have it out sunday and boxed up, i only ran champions cause they were cheap lol

and with the 19lbers i kept fouling em out
    sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Normal cheap acdelcos are good. Don't get the platnium crap.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

k today it drove perfect idled at 800 amazingly no problem whats so ever i took it for a drive all was beaytiful, then it starts misfiring like whoa, i pulled #2 cyclinder and the plug tip was a whitish ashy looking it was wierd.

i am guessing the plugs are junk,

my buddy works at murrays and can get me some and a 4wire o2 tomorrow so we'll see how well these help

i took some vids with my friend's camera too it is sooooo better, i'm going to his house tomorrow to upload since he has high speed.

i got a drive by but it was sputtering at first but smoothed out
        sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

Wasn't runing too lean on that cylinder was it??? Perhaps an injector is crapping out now...?
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

yeah i am curious if thats lean, and idk how i never took it over 3k with more then 1/4 throttle

i'll see if i can get them cleaned

the tip was lean it looks like but under where the spark comes out half was black half wasn't idk its wierd and the pics wouldn't show up.

also is my pump not gonna be enough?

it bucks under load but i can rev it no prob
            Last edited by Syn; 06-24-2006, 09:36 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

bump anyone?
              sigpic

Comment

I'd check out your injectors. Sounds like one is lean. At least swap them around and see if the same plug gets whitish again..
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

i got new plugs also yet to be put in, i got these 19lb ford injectors sitting here i thought about retrying them again, i had these in when i first started the engine and it ran decent, but i think the bad sensors what made it run like crap. idk tho i am still leaning towards them being too big idk what to do lol
                  sigpic

Comment

you need larger GM o-rings for the ford injectors. Otherwise you'll eat orings and that can't be good for the motor or o2 sensor if they are silicone.

I'm willing to bet you have a lot of greamlins because of old parts and sometimes old parts work fine until you move them, then they act up!!

I'd try a different set of injectors known to be good, close to same lb/hr as stock. I'm thinking one or a couple of your injectors aren't firing. Bucks underload /surging sounds like fuel issues... missfiring can be caused by the fouled plugs or lack of fuel. I bet you have spark, other wise the plug would be dark.

EDIT: I'd also get a new heated O2 sensor (denso from sparkplugs.com for a 3100 would probably work good, wire it up the heater somehow. $45 shipped for oem wired one.) That should help your computer know what's going on sooner to help adjust as much as it can.

I'm sure your pump will be fine for now. You're not making 300 hp on N/A... I know you want to go turbo later, then you'll need a new walbro/etc. I'd say your injectors are giving you troubles, I can't think of anything else. You aren't a factory gen3 so it's not the camshaft sensor screwing up fueling.

Anyone else have ideas?
                    Last edited by IsaacHayes; 06-28-2006, 05:31 PM.
                    Original L82 Longblock
                    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

i am getting a heated o2 soon that was on my list, before it ever bucked/misfired it drove fine but it would feel like when i hit say 3k its missing some power if you understand what i am saying. Almost like my TPI on my firebird 4k and 5k feel the same makeing powerwise, so its like its falling on its face almost above 3k, so i am guessing lack of fuel would be that.

i figured i didn't need a pump yet, it was just something floating around that i was told.

with those ford 19lbers and my stock orings i did keep eating orings, i didn't know there were larger ones, wierd thing is my friend can run the 19's in his 3400 swapped car no prob but i can't? maybe with the bigger orings, heated o2 and all my sensors running right i might have better luck lol?

but my plugs were black as night after letting it idle for 20mins. so there again i lean against this.

i read in a post of someone elses build who had a cam and ect he was saying he needed around 22-24lb injectors so i am wondering what i might need, i didn't think that high but i don't see my build much different then his.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you had acces to a scanner and acces to burn your own proms you'd be set! sure beats guess work

The O2 should help the computer adjust as best as it can on its own. I'd go with even larger than GM stock o-rings and test fit them.. I read recently somewhere that you need larger...

You may be rich at idle, since you have low vacuum, and the speed density may get confused, so it ups the fuel. Then when you go driving, perhaps the stockers aren't cutting it and it goes lean. I bet your a/f is all over the place. Perhaps a wideband and a guage would be a good investment if you can't scan...

Who knows the O2 may help a lot with the fueling.. The one you have now may be shot...
                        Original L82 Longblock
                        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

You're deffinately lean. It seems like you may have a stuck closed or clogged injector.

You could keep those injectors and bump up the pressure with an AFPR. that will give you more fuel.

Joseph

1987 Fiero SE/Fastback - 3500 Turbo / OBD1 / '92 FWD Getrag 282

Comment

But he says he runs rich at idle.... but on what injectors again? I'd say make sure you don't have a clogged/intermitent injector, get a good working O2, then tune from there. Do you have any 96-99 3100 injectors to throw in?
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

the plugs would be black after running the 19lb ford injectors at idle so obviously its rich at idle, idk about driving since i never did with those in,

like i said i am gonna try tunerpro and freescan on the g/f's baller laptop since mine is from like th 80's rofl

i had 6 3100 injectors but somehow only have 5 and 1 19lb from my saturn, there was a mix up i think when i threw some out. i think with stock fuel pressure pre 00 fpr the fords are like 19.5 almost. i am still trying to figure out what my saturn's stock fuel pressure is cause they have 19lbers stock

i got a n/b o2 gauge tho not a wideband it might help in giving a ballpark possibly until i get this biaoch scanned
                              sigpic

Comment

Heh, even a narrow gauge will tell you if you are way rich or way lean. Won't let you get it perfect, but can help you know if you are waaay off. Hook it up and find out. (might want to do that with a new o2 sensor too..) Well get to work and report back..!! hehe.
                                Original L82 Longblock
                                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Working...
                                X