No announcement yet.

Hybrid still not running right:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have 2 extra laying around, just PM me your address and i'll send one out.

they are 7730 comps, that should be what you have but check just to be sure.

one is a reman unit and one is an orignal, the original i know works for sure, i can send that one

Comment

You will bounce up to 20hg if you blip the throttle. My car w.stock cam will bounce up to 32hg. Perhaps you should bounce up even higher than 20... I'm leaning towards vacuum leak right now.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

When you ported your LIM, how much did you grind down the injector "humps". Maybe you took too much off and now it is leaking. You say it sounds like the noise is comming from an injector. Maybe that is it.

Just a thought.

1987 Fiero SE/Fastback - 3500 Turbo / OBD1 / '92 FWD Getrag 282

Comment

An oxygen sensor friendly starter fluid can help you find a vacuum leak if you are having trouble making sure none exists externally. You'll need a fire extinguisher close by as a safety measure. While the engine is running after a cold startup when everything is cool, lightly spray over possible leak points and usually if a leak is present and you spray near it the idle will change.

If you have one of those hand held vacuum pumps you can connect that to the MAP sensor and draw over 20 in of vacuum and see what affect that has, don't forget to plug off the other end while you're doing this.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2006, 06:46 AM.

Comment

i didn't touch the injector humps at all really when i ported it,

i have a leaky downpipe too

ok i started it today and i was pulling 15hg dead on

after awhile the idle would go down to 5-800 and it'd pull 10hg

the iac was bad i took off and went to pull it out and it all fell apart

i am going to work on it but will post a full write up later

thanks guys
            sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

it runs 100% better sometimes it stalls but very rarely i took it for a drive and no high idle issue when comeing to a stop like i use to have just the idle will dip low and then come back up.

def alot better

heres the iac
              Attached Files
              sigpic

1993 Cavalier Z24, 3.1/3400 hybrid, crane 272 cam, LS6 springs,port and polish,2.5 exhaust to 80 series flowmaster,solid mounts

Comment

good to hear its working, what throttle body are u using by the way?

Comment

thanks, stock 3400
                  sigpic

Comment

How old is the O2 sensor? I noticed that after I replaced mine, it no longer would dip then come back up when coming to a stop like that.
                    Original L82 Longblock
                    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

have no idea just one i had laying around, i have a leak at the top of my downpipe too if i didn't mention that

i thought about getting a heated o2 from like a 02 g/a GT
                      sigpic

Comment

The idle dropping and coming back up is a tuning issue. At least you got it running now but its really not that close on the setup.

What injectors are you using now?
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'd shoot for that, a new O2 will help it run better all around. I was surprised how well of an improvement my car got from it. Even WOT was improved. Hot weather didn't cause me to loose as much power as I used to either. I got a denso for 45 shipped from sparkplugs.com and I like it.
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
                            the iac was bad i took off and went to pull it out and it all fell apart
                            ah ha! I told you so.lol

1987 Fiero SE/Fastback - 3500 Turbo / OBD1 / '92 FWD Getrag 282

Comment

haha yeah i was thinking that FaLLEN when i took it out lol, i was like why the hell not lets change it- thanks for saying thAT

Ben- i am running stock 3.1 injectors, so your saying my tune is way off ?

i am gonna go threw with copying Fast's chip, i email you a few weeks ago about it, just to get a base ya know? sound like a good idea?

sparkplugs i am running some cheap champions
                              sigpic

Comment

get rid of those garbage sparkplugs, put some ac delcos in there. i had serious problems when i ran champions in my car when i first got it over 6 years ago.

i also run stock 3.1 injectors, i believe the injector pulse width has been changed though or at least thats what the guy told me when the chip was made.

let me know when you want me to send it to ben

Comment

Working...
                                X