3100 gas milage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3100 gas milage

my mothers 95 lumina is only giving 16 to 18 mpg for the last few years.I think new it used to give about 22? I know it gave 33, once 34 on hiway.I did lim, plugs, wires, etc. it always has run perfect, as good as new, but smells rich. cleaning the egr stopped the check engine lite during decelaration. last year cleaned oxygen sensor, heated with propane torch and voltage seemed guick- responsive. 120,000 miles it could use a new one.cant get codes with ob 1.5. lite aint on anyways. why is this running rich and giving less mpg than my v8 towncar. town car gives 26 hiway, doubt if lumina could give 24 hiway now.vacum gauge shows cat. conv. ok. tranny, od perfect, no dragging brakes. at 80, she dont drive it hard. Ned Diddler next door claims 34 mpg. with his 91 vette. I know others claimed 30 mpg.

3100 gas mileage

any one know the fuel pressure on a 3100?and the coolant temp. sensor ohms.a month ago doing lim it was 2400 or 3400 at about 60 degrees.fuel pressure is 30 something. thanks.

Comment

crappy gas mileage

Once again this site is totally useless. I wont waste any more time here at brokeback mountain.

Comment

Re: crappy gas mileage

Originally posted by dmc
        my mothers 95 lumina is only giving 16 to 18 mpg for the last few years.I think new it used to give about 22? I know it gave 33, once 34 on hiway.I did lim, plugs, wires, etc. it always has run perfect, as good as new, but smells rich. cleaning the egr stopped the check engine lite during decelaration. last year cleaned oxygen sensor, heated with propane torch and voltage seemed guick- responsive. 120,000 miles it could use a new one.cant get codes with ob 1.5. lite aint on anyways. why is this running rich and giving less mpg than my v8 towncar. town car gives 26 hiway, doubt if lumina could give 24 hiway now.vacum gauge shows cat. conv. ok. tranny, od perfect, no dragging brakes. at 80, she dont drive it hard. Ned Diddler next door claims 34 mpg. with his 91 vette. I know others claimed 30 mpg.
        Originally posted by dmc
        any one know the fuel pressure on a 3100?and the coolant temp. sensor ohms.a month ago doing lim it was 2400 or 3400 at about 60 degrees.fuel pressure is 30 something. thanks.
        Originally posted by dmc
        Once again this site is totally useless. I wont waste any more time here at brokeback mountain.
        am I on acid??
        I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

blue state hippie on acid. bad coolant sensor ohma can result in running rich. i asked what the fuel psi was. to high( not like acid high) results in running rich. havent tested psi yet, its arond 32- 39. i will look it up at library.i wouldnt buy a manual for this pos. 60 degrees v shit sixes were bought new by old fools and sold cheap few years latter cause there known too be worth crap. try trading one in. i warned the old fool not to buy it. chevytalk said only poor end up with them. try trading one in a few years old. i say there a womens car, but some gay neighbors back in boston were into v6 cavaliers z 23?I will say some of u guys are good mechanics. the guy working on the 1.5 ob ecm is clever. off to chevytalk.com.

Comment

Why not use the search function? Im sure the correct fuel pressure range is on here somewhere. I wanna say its low 40s like 41-46psi or something. As for the coolant sensor, why not just replace it if you think its bad....its like $10.
            Robby Whitesell
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT
            1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

now my feelin's are hurt

Comment

Re: 3100 gas mileage

Originally posted by dmc

Sheesh, the 12146312 coolant sensor has to be the most common part GM's ever made. Instead of spending your time keeping an eye out for lusty sheepherders, try using Google. One of the first pages up is http://www.pe-ltd.com/Downloads/coolant_temp.pdf, a datasheet for said sensor, with nifty stuff like temp/resistance and accuracy charts.

As for fuel pressure, buy or borrow a FI pressure gauge. The swap guide on www.3400swap.com claims factory pressure is 40 psi.

Don't go away mad - we don't know how to quit you!
                \"Seven years of college down the drain!\"

Comment

Working...
                X