Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help ***Brake Lines broken*** Help

Hi everyone,

Following is a picture. Can you tell if it is this line that is leaking and brooken. The screw holding the line is brooken too. It seems to be leaking at this very place. Do I change just this portion, or do I have to change the whole line. Is there someone having a How-To manual available to do this job. Thanks.

Edit: I just check the line and it the line for my right front wheel. I want to know wich line is it on my master cylindre. Thanks

Frank

You can cut the bad part out flare the ends and join in another piece of tubing with flare fittings. However if that section is like that, the rest may not be far behind and you may want to look into replacement if you are going to hang on to this car for a while.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

ok but can you be more specific when you mean: and join in another piece of tubing with flare fittings. wich piece of tubing I need and what is flare fittings??

Thanks Frank

Comment

If you dont know the I dont think you should be messing with brakes. They are a very important part of the car and if you dont do the repair right you could be dead.

Comment

ok but can you explain more plz.

Thanks Frank

Comment

A flare fitting is one where you slup on a fitting over the tubing. use a tool to flare out the end of the tubing. You then screw the fitting you slid on in the first step to another female fitting creating a high pressure connection.

The fittings (brass ones only) you see in this image are flare fittings

Comment

Ok, can I take the line in a junkyard?? And How can I remove the old one?? Did someone have a How-To to remove the old line??

Frank

Comment

Yes you can take it from a junkyard. You will need a selection of wrenches.

Comment

Working...
                X