Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Gen III fuel injector removal

All:

I need some help removing my OEM Multec 2 fuel injectors from my fuel rail (this is off a LA1 3400, BTW). My Helm's manual isn't very helful on how to get the elctrical connectors off, and I don't want to break anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Matt
    2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
    3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Pull out that blue lock pin and the un-clip it.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Okay...I figured out what I was doing wrong....I was trying to unclip the wrong connector.

Now on to the metal clips holding the injector into the rail.
      Matt
      3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

IIRC, they just slide off. They usually are a pain though. Try pulling with pliers or prying with a screwdriver.

Just be careful...

What are you doing pulling injectors anyway Matt?
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Long story Brad -

I have a leaky LIM gasket, so instead of just doing the smart thing (and only replacing the faulty part), I started spending money. Colin did up a set of cylinder heads for me (along with a new LIM), I'm sending my TOG headers back out to CA to be re-coated (under warranty, since they are rusting a bit), a swanky Casper's AFPR (it's just so purty).....so I figured, why not....send the injectors off to WitchHunter for cleaning and flow-balancing.

The injectors put up a fight coming off the rail.....but I just shot 'em with some Tri-Flow, and they popped out relatively easily. I probably need to order some new injector retainer clips.....

Hey......do you know of a part # for rocker arm bolts? I think they are torque-to-yield, so I'm not so sure I want to re-use the originals.
          Matt

Comment

The rocker arm bolts aren't torque to yield. They are pretty far from it in fact. If you thought that because of the extra 90º you are supposed to turn them or whatnot, that's just for the lash setting basically. If you really want to upgrade them though, I'd go with ARP studs instead of stock replacements. But as I said, with stock rockers, the stock original bolts will work just fine.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Bah thats a waste of time. There is no side loading on the bolt and it doesn't suffer from any deflection. Not worth the effort.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
              X