No announcement yet.

3100 wanting to die at idle. Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so it looks like an egr valve, and the crank position sensor, tps is kinda wierd tho, both high and low?

id check the egr valve to make sure it isnt sticking first, and free it up if it is, and if that doesnt help, the crank sensor.

personaly i have no faith in autozone, but if they have help others, good for them, they didnt help me.
    If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

Check your o2 for stiotch and the purge canister for leaks, and for saturation. These 2 components are linear to the EGR.

Also replace the fuel filter if it hasn't been. Even with a some what plugged filter it will still show the pressure at a lower flow rate.

If the C/KPS was out chances are you'd know when your car is limping home as it would hardly start and it would stall constantly every mile it would seem or worse.
      I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

i went to firestone to get my codes checked.... i think i've changed my fuel filter twice in the last 20k miles. And i still haven't cleaned out my egr. and to be honest, it hasn't idled weird for the last 3 weeks. lol.
        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
        X