No start, and relay clicking on 96 Corsica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start, and relay clicking on 96 Corsica

I've got a friend with a '96 3100 Corsica. Her car won't start, not even a hesitation. One of the four relays attached to the strut tower on the passenger side is clicking very loudly. We bought a new relay, still clicks, and still no start. Checked the schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail, no fuel pressure. She ready for a new fuel pump? Or is there anything else that could cause this?

If anybody has any insight, it'd be really appreciated. She's missing a day of work because of this tomorrow, and I hate the idea of dropping her tank for no reason, considering the last thing she did before parking it was fill up. Thanks all!

Oh, BTW, don't be put off by my name... My GTI has had so many problems I will never buy another VW product again... GTO here I come!

Comment

I just had a similar problem with my Beretta this past week. The relay would click but the pump wouldn't run. It turned out that the pump didn't want to run until it was warmer out later in the day.

There should be a test lead that you can run 12 volts from the positive terminal on the battery. It should be located on the drivers side up behind the strut tower. Do this while the car/ignition is off, that should run the pump. If it doesn't check for a short or loose wire somewhere. If you don't find a short or loose wire I would say the pump is shot. Replace it. On another note I had talked to my mechanic about this problem and he said I could've had someone try hitting the gastank with a hammer while trying to start it. That might jolt the pump enough to get it running, then you would know it was a bad/sticking pump.

Comment

Working...
      X