idle hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle hunt

hey guys i got my new motor up andd running but i keep getting idle hunt.. i believe the tps voltage should b from .48 to .52 on the meter. i set this and i still get idle hunt.. i also did the idle relearn and still the problem.. its getting very annoying.. its wireing from a 90 grandprix 3.1 computter.. can anyone help?

sounds like you have a vacuume leak.

Comment

i know for a fact i dont have any vaccum leaks.. is the tps voltage i wrote up there correct?

Comment

What does it get to at WOT?
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

it reads over 4. w/e i know that much.. although the plenum gaskets where like the originals.. maybe they did not seal right? i didn;t really like them all that much.. i know u can get nice thick ones from dg auto store i believe.. b/c i cant see why this thing wont learn the idle

Comment

Plenum gaskets could EASILY cause the problem. I know there was a guy on here a few months back that had the same problem and it ended up being his plenum gaskets. They are cheap (~$7 for the pair), so probably worth replacing.

Some stores try to sell you the intake gasket kit, which includes the lower gaskets, for like $50. Lemme know what engine you have and I can give you the PN (Fel-Pro) for the plenum gaskets only.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

tps voltage at WOT should be 4.5-5 volts. at idle it should be .5-.8 volts.

that was me with the plenum gasket not sealing. i had a vacuume leak from this, and i went nuts trying to find it. it want causing it to hunt at idle though, but was causing a lean condition. my car always huts at idle till it warms up.

Comment

i have an engine from a 92 corisica 3.1 liter.. mine almost does the same thing idle hunt till its warm then its ok most of the time. and its driving me insane.. r u sure the tps should b set to .5 -.8 at idle? i always thought it was .48-.52 i could b wrong

Comment

my book says anywere from .5-.8, and 4.5+ at WOT.

Comment

Working...
                  X