180º Thermostat Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180º Thermostat Compatability

Can someone tell me if the 180º thermostat from a '90 F-body 3.1 will work on the FWD 3.1 in my Cutlass Supreme? Thanks!
    \'90 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe - 3.1L LH0 V6/HM 4T60 -- every factory option
    Flowmaster 40 - no cat // K&N FilterCharger // KYB GR-2\'s // Stant 180º SuperStat

not sure but I imgine the t-stats are the same for all the 60v6 cars, should be a 44mm single valve if its a 180* stat

1995 Monte Carlo LS
    3400 SFI 60v6
    FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

i would have to agree
      try it and let us know
      I Like V660s
      Does Chevy make beer
      ~Jayme~

Comment

Yes, it worked! Don't ask me why parts stores don't list a 180º stat for Cutlass Supremes, but if you want one, just ask them to look up the part number for the F-body 3.1.

BTW, my low coolant light has been going on and off every 2 minutes or so since I replaced the thermostat, but there are no leaks and the resevoir is full. Does this mean I have air in the system? How do I get the air out? (I did remove the radiator cap when I started the car, but only had to add a small amount of coolant after it warmed up)
        Flowmaster 40 - no cat // K&N FilterCharger // KYB GR-2\'s // Stant 180º SuperStat

Comment

cool
          yeah i guess a 2.4 twin cam which is a 180 stat will also work in a 3.1
          as for your low coolant light......mine was doing the same thing and it ended up being that the sensor was dirty so i was getting light and everything was fine
          I Like V660s
          Does Chevy make beer
          ~Jayme~

Comment

You don't think there is air in the system? That was my first thought.

If it is the sensor, where is it and how hard is it to clean?

Comment

the sensor is located on the radiator somewhere I just dont rember excatly where. Pull it out and clean it up, they tend to get gunked and read incorrectly.

They dont list the 180 for the 3100s becasue stock 3x00 engines use a double valve style t-stat. The 180* is the same diameter but is only a single valve. Of course you cant expect the guys at the parts store to know it will work or even the guy putting the info in thier little database.

Ive come to 2nd guess what the computer says when it comes to parts availability

1995 Monte Carlo LS
              3400 SFI 60v6
              FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

ive never gotten a low coolant light from air in the system
                theres alway some air in the system anyway
                I Like V660s
                Does Chevy make beer
                ~Jayme~

Comment

Working...
                X