ELectrical issues!! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELectrical issues!! Help

Hey everyone. At one point i changed my alternator and everything was good. but about a year later i had very low voltage so I changed it again and that didtn solve it so I changed the Batt and everything was good. but three months later my 3rd alternator died again and i changed it but it died like a half hour after that, so i changed it for my 4th alternator which lasted like 3 weeks but has just died on me now. So i faithfully installed alt number 5 and that didnt even change anything, im still getting the low voltage!!! each time i get like 11V about and my check gauges light comes on, so i guess its not completely dead, but check gauges says something is wrong.

SO to sum up my problem YES i am using struass rebuilt alternaters and that could be a very good reason why they die, but is it possible its something else. I guess my question is if i know that the alt and the BAtt is good, can there possibly be anything else causing the problem??? or maybe when the Alternater went is it possible it caused the BAtt to die??

either way its a very frustrating problem and any and all help would be great

more info

heres some more info...
    After starting the car a few timnes the alternater just kicked in and was working normally for a few hours but then it went back to doing the low voltage thing. so now im guessing that its not something wron with my alt but a short somewhere or a bad connection. any ideas where i should start looking for something like that or how i would track it down, thanx!

Comment

Clean your grounds, and positive links.

Check your starter.

Something that would draw that much current and not blow a fuse would be a relay. Check everyone and might as well replace them anyway if you have high miles.

Something is soaking up about 3 volts of juice, and yes having bad grounds or hot connections can cause excessive current draw for the simple fact that the resistance is higher so the potentcial is over the bad spot is yeilding a voltage drop higher than normal, thus causing more drain on the system overall because the components driving the current has a hard time propagating a accurate ground.
      I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
      X