'96 Century no crank after top end rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 Century no crank after top end rebuild

I posted about my car a while ago, and have just finished rebuilding the top end. It does not crank now.

I am ready to push this thing into Lake Mead at this point.
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

You need to charge the battery up, your jump box can't supply the amount of current needed to crank the engine, that is why you hear the starter solonid chattering. Larry

Comment

Why didn't it at least give me a half-hearted crank then? The box was fully charged before I hooked it up. The solenoid isn't clicking, it's the ABS relay and the idle speed control motor that are making noises in the video.
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Then you don't have a good connection to the battery or some other connection problem or the jump box can't source the needed current. Doing the heads should have nothing to do with the engine turning over. Charge up the battery and see what you get. Larry

Comment

Working...
        X