Need help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please!

Ok so i just did a 3.4 sfi out of a 94 camaro in my s10 its a m/t the problem i am having is that it runs for a few seconds then shuts off i changed the fuel pump i have 45 psi in the fuel rail then i have power to injectors and everything is hooked up as in motor wise im 16 and i know stuff but im just stumped on this one so please if you can help that would be great!

Originally posted by A.F.W View Post
    Ok so i just did a 3.4 sfi out of a 94 camaro in my s10 its a m/t the problem i am having is that it runs for a few seconds then shuts off i changed the fuel pump i have 45 psi in the fuel rail then i have power to injectors and everything is hooked up as in motor wise im 16 and i know stuff but im just stumped on this one so please if you can help that would be great!
    While I'm hardly the most up to date on these, it sounds like what happens with a bad MAF sensor (assuming your S-10 uses one). You might try starting it, then disconnecting the sensor before it shuts off, if it keeps running, then it's either a bad sensor, or something to do with it (bad connection, etc).

Mike

Comment

yes, and do a double check of all your intake sensors.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

If you're using the Camaro PCM it could be VATS (Vehicle Anti-theft System) kicking in. It can be bypassed pretty easily, search "VATS bypass" for more info.
        If you're not using the Camaro's PCM just ignore this post
        Last edited by TechRod; 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
        sigpic
        "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by TechRod View Post
          If you're using the Camaro PCM it could be VATS (Vehicle Anti-theft System) kicking in. It can be bypassed pretty easily, search "VATS bypass" for more info.
          If you're not using the Camaro's PCM just ignore this post
          Yeah i figured it out after i scanned the truck and it came up with the anti theft system kicking in and i checked the injectors to see if they have a pulse and it would kick off cause the theft system so i wired in the box and everything runs right(; thanks for the help though guys really appreciate it!

Comment

Excellent!
            Good luck with your truck A.F.W.
            sigpic
            "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by TechRod View Post
              Excellent!
              Good luck with your truck A.F.W.
              Yes! And thank you its coming along nice.

Comment

post pics !!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	376965Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175654.jpg
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	376966Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175708.jpg
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	376967Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175720.jpg
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	376968Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175742.jpg
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	376969Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175754.jpg
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	376970Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_175806.jpg
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	376971Click image for larger version

Name:	20120129_180000.jpg
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	376972

Comment

Not bad I'll bet its fun to drive

Comment

Yes it is but thank you though it has came a very long way

Comment

Working...
                      X