replacement lifers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement lifers

Who makes a good replacement hyd. roller lifter for 60* motors? I have a 96 3100 with lifter noise that I want to be rid of.

Not a performance build of any sort...just a daily driver that needs to get me through the next year or two. Gonna do intake gaskets while it's apart.

You can probably take your lifters apart, clean them, and they will be good as new. Most if not all lifters for these engines are likely from the same manufacturer.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Can't hurt to try! Thanks.

Comment

How will I know if the bad lifters can be saved or not?

Comment

You will know if there is pitting or scoring anywhere. Probably just have a lot of gunk in them that needs to be cleaned out. I would tear them apart, and after you clean out the main body, soak them in trans fluid to clean the rollers as well. Then spin the rollers by hand for smooth operation. You want the lifters completely empty when you put them back together and install them.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

thanks!

will it be fairly evident which one was making the noise? assuming one has not been physically damage and is just full of crud.
            Last edited by 3100; 01-11-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Maybe, but not always since all the lifters are likely near the same state. You will know once cleaned if there is something wrong.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
              X