No announcement yet.

Need Torque converter bolt torque spec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Torque converter bolt torque spec.

I need the torque spec.'s for the flexplate to torque converter bolts. To 1999 Chevy Lumina 3100 engine.

I have bought 1999 lumina GM Service repair manuals.Of course they have not showed up,yet.

Thank You, Jimmy

I just put a new converter in mine too. my book says for 1992 on 44 ft lbs for the converter to flywheel. I have a 3100 v-6 as well. I know on this site there is a spec sheet with all the specs search around you will find it.Keep in mind The book I used was for 1987 -1996 so it may change a little IDK. I trust the info off this site more than my book {haynes}.

Comment

I received the GM repair manuals today,eleven pounds of manuals.

Torque spec. for the torque converter bolts is 47 Ft. Lb.s

Comment

I locktite them when I replace them too, just to be on the safe side.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

put them TIGHT, use red loctite. In my shop its manditory to loctite the flywheel bolts after one incident. if we dont, and the 'incident' happens again, instant termination of employment.
          It wasnt me IYW

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
            put them TIGHT, use red loctite. In my shop its manditory to loctite the flywheel bolts after one incident. if we dont, and the 'incident' happens again, instant termination of employment.
            It wasnt me IYW
            The car will sound horrible when they back out, don't they? lol. My friend helped me swap transmissions in the 91 years ago when it was still an auto, he was supposed to be the one tightening the convertor bolts while I think I was putting axles or brake stuff back on. Well, he didn't and they backed out some about a couple weeks or a month later. I thought it was a rod or something except that the noise went away when in gear. Man did it sound bad... :/ I'm just glad they didn't back all the way out and leave me stranded somewhere.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

well, it was on a huge diesle, and all 6 bolt scam out and broke instantly, and left my foreman stranded, drunk, and whith his drunk wife at 2 am

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Working...
              X