Engine for 2003 Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Engine for 2003 Montana

Hi, I need to replace the engine in my 2003 Montana and was wondering if it would be possible to use the engine from a 2000 Impala. I can get one with low miles and would love it if I will work. Could someone who might know please inform me.

Welcome to the site!

Yes, it will work, although you may need to swap some pieces off the old engine onto the new (Impala) engine. 1 thing that comes to mind is the timing cover, as they are SOMETIMES different between years and platforms. Basically, take a look at the 2 engines while they are both out of the car and visually look on the outside for differences. I might also suggest changing gaskets (mainly the lower intake manifold) on the new engine prior to installing it. Better to do it right away than have to do it down the road...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

considering that the 2nd gen U-vans were loosely based on the W platform, there's a good chance that the mounts, timing cover, and exhaust manifolds will be similar if not identical.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks, engine is in and running just had to change timing cover and of course the intake gasket.

Comment

Awesome. Glad it worked out! And man, did I call it on the timing cover...
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
          X