Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn the key....nothing happens.

Hey everyone,

So just like the title says, I tried to start the 'retta after letting it sit for about 12 hours. Opened the door, overhead light comes on fine. Insert the key, and the door open chime could be heard. But once I try turning it on, nothing at all. There was no instrument movement, no cranking, not even my radio turns on when the key is set to "accessory". What could cause this??? I have a fan override switch that still worked, so I assume nothing battery related. Perhaps the ignition switch cylinder gear came off or something???

Also (as it is probably significant to the case) I have occassionally had it die on me while cruising and I go to hit the brake. It will catch itself and restart if at a high enough RPM, but othertimes I would shift to neutral while rolling to restart it.

Any help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

normally, i would say park/neutral switch may be acting funny, but with nothing happening in other positions, it sounds like either the cylinder or the wiring for it is causing the problem.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
    X