New and dont know what to do....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and dont know what to do....

My 95 lumina 3100 is running wierd, it will die interemittenly and feels and smells like its flooding, have to baby it to shift (more so than you should). I was thinking maybe tps as the idle is irratic. any help would be appreciated.

Pull the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator off and see if there's gas inside it. If the diaphram in the regulator breaks it usually dumps gas into the intake manifold through that line. Other sensors that can cause overly rich conditions are the MAP and O2 sensors. TPS sensor can be checked with a volt meter. Signal wire is close to 0 volts at no throttle and close to 5v at full throttle with a linear progression in between.
    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael View Post
      Pull the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator off and see if there's gas inside it. If the diaphram in the regulator breaks it usually dumps gas into the intake manifold through that line. Other sensors that can cause overly rich conditions are the MAP and O2 sensors. TPS sensor can be checked with a volt meter. Signal wire is close to 0 volts at no throttle and close to 5v at full throttle with a linear progression in between.
      I second this suggestion...it does sound like the PR went south...also check your IAC(Intake Air Control; which adjusts the idle speed) to be sure it is not carboned up which can cause irratic idle.

Comment

Alrighty sounds good! I will check it all out tommorow I ended up with a wicked flu and slept for like 16 hours. Thanks for the help with my B.O.B.

Comment

ok got it dont but it wasnt what I thought it was, we replaced throttlebody base gasket as the other one was so old it crunched like a lays chip, we installed a new coolant sensor, and redid the o-rings on the fuel rail. she runs 110% better except for a high idle but I found that and there isnt much I can do. seems the po did an upper intake job or had it done (semantics) and they stripped a mount bolt on the backside of the upperm yep bolts just floating there so I need at least a new lower or do some oakie engineering to fix the air leak. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X