3400 P0336 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 P0336 code

Last time it had this a new ICM fixed it among the other problems it had at the time.
    This is occasional dying at idle, according to the wifes son. Its a 1999 Grand am. Got a good signal off the 24X sensor, and pretty much nothing off the CMP so replaced it, and still sets the code real fast. No didn't recheck for the CMP signal, the weather won't allow it. Have a quick question the wires from the CMP to the connector are not the same as listed in the factory manual, on either the old unit or the new. Haven't dug into the engine harness yet to see if they are correct.
    So anyone else ever battle with this code?

Quite often, the subharness to the sensor may be of another color scheme dependent on who the supplier is. The subharness connection point back into the main engine control harness should agree with your diagram. If you are directly reading the sensor for signal and a new sensor is giving the same result, have you checked for a mechanical reason? Pull out the sensor and slowly rotate the engine while looking down the sensor hole to check the reluctor?

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

I did finally check the 24X and the CMP for signal again today, CMP is different but not what I expected, I did spray some brake and electrical cleaner on the whole of the 24X sensor, wheel etc and blew it off real good. Didn't throw a code yet.
      Red wire to CMP is showing 13 + volts when running, I think its only a one shot reluctor or ? on the cam isn't it? And no don't want to tear apart the stuff to observe that.

Comment

Working...
      X