reinstalling injectors, they arent lining up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : reinstalling injectors, they arent lining up

i have some L67 injectors on my 3500. took them off to have fuel injector connection clean them. now they arent lining up when i reinstall them. they go in the holes, but one bank wont fit flush in the hole like they need to. did i do something wrong?
    Attached Files
    ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

There should be enough play in there to just wiggle the rail around to get the injectors to seat properly as well as bolt the rail down.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

they seat in there firmly, i was just concerned about the metal portion onf the lower side of the injector showing. ill bolt it down as im sure that will put an even amount of firm down force on them lining them up. i hope. would i need to worry about the UIM pushing them down to even them up as well?
      ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

Comment

Did you put a little film of oil on the o rings? That usually helps them pop into place easier. With the rail bolted down the UIM shouldn't touch the rail.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

there was already some kind of liquid in the protector caps. i think its the stuff they flow through during the flow tests. that helped them slip into the rails and the LIM. ok cool. i can get my car up and finished and ready for tuning when i get around to doing this. busy with now that its warm.

Comment

Working...
          X