No announcement yet.

ses light pops on loses power??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : ses light pops on loses power??

hey i have a 94 firebird sfi 3.4 and the ses light will randomly pop on and it loses power any ideas?? i cant find anyone to read a obd1 code??? will the paperclip trick work on this year?? i even bought a scaner thats suposed to flash the light to tell codes and it wont flash anything??? plz help

the paperclip method will not work in this situation. and the "scanner" you bought does exactly that: it jumps two pins together, just like a paperclip.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

thats what i thought it did wasnt sure so i bought it anyway lol thnx tho i dnt know what to do now?? lol

Comment

if there aren't any autozones/advance/napas nearby to see if they can read it, you may need to buy/make an ALDL cable and read it youself, using a laptop.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
          if there aren't any autozones/advance/napas nearby to see if they can read it, you may need to buy/make an ALDL cable and read it youself, using a laptop.
          how do u do that??

Comment

download tunerpro RT, hook the cable up to the ALDL connector near the steering wheel, read away. it will show a LOT of things: RPM/MPH/fueling trim/spark advance/trouble codes/etc
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
              download tunerpro RT, hook the cable up to the ALDL connector near the steering wheel, read away. it will show a LOT of things: RPM/MPH/fueling trim/spark advance/trouble codes/etc
              kewl thnx=]

Comment

This place has some interesting images of ALDL Cables... some instructions on the use of a Laptop and Diagnostic Software; some very useful links and information and of course they sell the cables, too:

Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-04-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Not an F-body, but on my Celebrity, I had the same symptom, and it was the knock sensor.
                  Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

damm i hope not thats expinsive guess lol

Comment

Not really. For my car, the part was less than $50, and took about ten minutes to replace. I haven't done one on a V6 F-body, so I don't know how long it would take or what the part costs.
                      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftVentricle View Post
                        Not an F-body, but on my Celebrity, I had the same symptom, and it was the knock sensor.
                        dude youre the shit it fixed it thnx got my power back thnx to everyone

Comment

Working...
                        X