Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have this other missing mount braket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have this other missing mount braket?

i need this mount, but for the other side of this dogbone. merlot made it with only one braket and to me that isnt going to hold to well. the same braket just flipped looks like it would fit right. if not, a cut and weld would fix it. deos the 3400 use the same braket mount? this is on a lx9 3500.
    Attached Files
    ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

I've never seen a mount like that. Must be on the older motors or something. Looks easy enough though to get some metal, make the other side, then connect the top of them to make it one strong mount with 4 bolt holes. That would be best so as not to tear out threads of the block/etc.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

ill check with merlot to see exactly what the deal is with that braket and where it came from...
      ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

Comment

I will give Merlot this... he is very creative...
        sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
        - Ben

Comment

he said he doesnt remember what that came from. butit had the bolt holes in the correct locations. O_0 yea, wtf lol

Comment

Looks like part of an alternator bracket or something.
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

That looks exactly like the engine to trans bracket from a 3500 like the one which came with the engine I got out of a G6, just mounted upside down. It's slightly different than the 3x00 W-body bracket and completely different than the setup in the minivan I used the motor in. I will dig around my garage tomorrow and try to get a pic of it. I don't need it so I'm sure I could send it to you for the cost of shipping. I just have to find it first

Comment

Ahhh yeah that is the trans brace bracket that goes to the diff on a 4T6*E... Good call WrathOfSocrus!
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Looks like you have a lX9 trans case mount bracket with a lq1 dog bone mount and polyurethane bushings.

I dont know what fiero's use off hand, but I would like to suggest you finding an intermediate shaft that contains the bracket, and the matching axle shaft. You'll probably need another bracket that sits under that so it can create a mounting location for a motor mount.

Looks like someone put together an once piece axle shaft found in the 4 cylinder manual trans cars and made it happen.
                  Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X