Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where did all the 3500 UIM & LIM pictures go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did all the 3500 UIM & LIM pictures go?

i cant find any of the pictures at all. and i know they arent photobucket pictures, so they should be showing up on these gov't computers.

im wanting to see pictures of the 3500 LIM top side and underside and what the valley looks like without the LIM.

is it neccesary to replace the gaskets when removing the LIM? these gaskets dont even have 1000 miles on them. let alone 500. i do believe they are the metal ones. the UIM gaskets are metal.

i ask because i recently yanked my injectors to be sent off to FIC for a cleaning, and it looks like some of the old gasket pieces broke off and fell into the injector holes. could i just get a vacuum hose extension piece to suck up the broken injector gasket material? or would i need to go ahead and remove the LIM and replace it with new metal gaskets? merlot says no need to, but i thought i would ask everyone here as well.
    Attached Files
    ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

don't quote me on this, but you could probably forget about it and not cause any engine damage.... just saying. cat might not like it though.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

What cat? Fiona and smoke? Lol Jk, I don't have a cat
      ENGINE HAS INTERNAL DAMAGE. THIS MOTOR WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FIERO AND REPAIRED IN TIME. UNTIL THEN, A L67 WILL RESIDE IN ITS PLACE

87 fiero gt 5spd 3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe, 2.5 inch ex, flowtech muff, 7730 ecm, moates.net APU1, self tuning *learning* (GOT FROM MY BROTHER, divorce reasons.)

Comment

Those are plastic pieces... If it were me I'd be paranoid and probably tear it apart..
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

I sucked the rubber grommet that goes on a 3400 upper intake where the PVC line enters the neck... I started the car with that line out and the grommet was there and blam it was gone.... never found it and when I pulled the motor apart there were no signs of it... Plastic is a bit harder but the pieces are smaller so I doubt it would cause an issue if that whole grommet I sucked through didn't make it skip a beat.

Either way Metal 3500 lower intake gaskets I think yes you could reuse them. And just because your uppers are metal, does NOT mean the lowers are. look between the intake and the head IIRC you can tell a difference in the sides of the plastic vs the one that has the molded rubber around the metal frame.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

i like your answer. am i going to need to replace the gaskets on the LIM then?

ok, ill reuse the metal ones.
            Last edited by americasfuture2k; 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Metal LIM gaskets made by FelPro can most likely be reused. They don't crack like the plastic ones did or can. Also its the same idea as re-using a rubber oil pan gasket... unless you've crushed the rubber beyond recognition then odds are you can re-use it without any issues.

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
              X