Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 2.8 weird issues...

hey guys,

I have an 88 olds on my hands with a 2.8 in it. i bought it for 200 thinking it would be worth it but ugh... okay my issues are ; it idles fine but has no power, its JUST like a plugged cat. (checked) fuel pressure checked, compression is 145 expect cylinder one is 120ish... i did a head gasket job on it because it was burning coolant and the heads weren't warped. it still burns after warm up then starts missing and quits burning lol JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE I SHOULD HEAD INTO THIS THING FOR A SOLUTION ( FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS) OH SHIT JUST LOOKED UP AND CAPS LOCK ON... SRRYY LOL

did you get the heads checked out and flattened out? if not, you might have done that head job for nothing

you might also have an intake leak, that would cause a no power issue

Comment

Thanks for the reply man, i did a straight edge on the block and heads like i always do, and a good look in between the valves for cracks lol. So chances are the heads are warped cuz my straight edge is for wood... lol and i got a vacuum leak not allowing the map to read right... u think? ugh i need better tools~%$# (p.s. isn't the maf on this car like an over glorified iat lol?)

A question for anyone is how often do these blocks crack over the heads cracking or warping? i don't have a cherry picker and its fuckin cold is why i ask... lol

Comment

if that car got the service update, then yes the MAF is nothing more than an IAT...

if you check the BCC on the PROM and post it on here, i can tell you if it did or not.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X