No announcement yet.

Get This Book!: "How to Re-Build Your GM V-6 60*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen the book and for $14 I might get it but before I spend over that I think the factory service manuals for the vehicle you own would be money better spent.
    87 3.4 4x4 blazer
    3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Originally posted by neo71665 View Post
      I've seen the book and for $14 I might get it but before I spend over that I think the factory service manuals for the vehicle you own would be money better spent.
      If you need to do much more than Engine Re-Building...absolutely...and if it comes down to where to spend the $$$ first... the obvious choice is to go for the shop manuals. But... If I didn't own both complete sets of the GM Factory Carline Series Shop Manuals for the 1993 and 1994 Chevrolet Camaro-Firebirds and had a chance to compare the data and imagery inside against Tom Currao's book... I might agree with you entirely.

Surprisingly enough, specific to just the "Engine Re-Building" aspects as a basis for making such a comparison, with the exception of the car specific hardware hookups for the R&R portion of the job... Currao's Book has it all over the Shop Manuals. Having both however has been an enormous benefit and gives a mechanic a deeper level of comfort and understanding.
      Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asylummotorsports View Post
        I suppose you could spend $50-$200+ on a book, then a gasket set, rings, bearings, machine work and whatnot to rebuild an ancient engine with ancient information from a book published in 1994....
        Thanks to Dan... I was able to order and receive the Voegelin book on "Engine Blueprinting"... which he has described as fundamental to a Mechanic's understanding of matters which are not only important and which need precision and sound thinking while doing...but ...as it happens...hopefully are "Timeless" in their meanings, as well.

I found it interesting while leafing through the manual that while my "Ancient" Book for Re-Building "Ancient" GM V-6 Engines" was published in 1993-1994...This other, very instructive and very interesting reference was penned and published in 1983 and again...probably by popular demand...in 1988. I guess sound thinking and experience never really go out of style after all...now do they?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 10-31-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X