need help with massive oil leak on back of block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stewartfn18 View Post
    yea thats on top and thats not where its coming from. its for sure coming from in between the block and trans
    Any chance you were working down below around the Oil Pan Hold Down Bolts and Tabs ... possibly real loose at the very back of the block...right at the rear main crankshaft PTFE oil seal? I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there might be a hole or a crack in the back of the block that is letting the oil squirt out under pressure. If that is what it turns out to be and you can see it to clean it...JB-Weld can come to the rescue. Oh...about the "re-fill" oil...Since you will probably change your oil and filter when you finally solve this problem...the inexpensive stuff is good enough to fill up and top off the oil pan (and then pour out) while you are detecting what is wrong. The "Good Stuff" can go in when its fixed and you hear cheers from all of us as ...."The Crowd goes WILD!" and it's Miller Time...
    Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 07-07-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stewartfn18 View Post
      yea i understand. can someone elaborate on what this distributor o ring is? its not the oil pump drive gear is it. if so thats no where the leak is coming from. you can only see the leak from the bottom.

Here you go..
      Attached Files

Comment

i feel like a dumbass when i tell everyone this, but i found the leak. its coming from a plug, or lack there of, thats at the bottom left of the block on the back. apparenty there was no plug where there was supposed to be one. easy fix, so ill plug that up tomorrow in between jobs and have it dropped back in and running thurs night...hopefully. i mean it WILL be running with no leaks thurs night. broke my own record tonight too, engine went from completely assembled to out of the car in 4 hours. not too shabby. thanks to everyone that helped out. i appreciate it, should have ome here first. only 2 replies total on the 2 GA sites. thanks again.
        MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

Yeah pulling engines can be fun

I've got mine down to being able to do a full motor swap in one day... Starting around 9:30 or 10am, and finishing up at around 8... and that was driving the car to the house where the motor was, pulling it, putting in the new one and then driving it home, followed by receiving a ticket for passing without using my signal LOL, good thing he didn’t hit me for the speed.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
          X