94 Grand Prix Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Grand Prix Overheating

I own a 94 Grand Prix and a 94 Buick Skylark, both with 3100 engines.

On the Grand Prix, I noticed the car running hot on the drive home, so next morning I checked the anti-freeze levels, and they were low, so naturally, I added more.

Drove the car for about a mile before the temp gauge hit 260. Pulled over, checked the anti-freeze, and running low, so I added more. But, I haven't noticed any leaks where the car is parked during the day, and parked at night. I checked my oil, and the level was half way up the dipstick, and had a milky/watery brownish color to it. That leads me to believe that I am getting anti-freeze into the oil.

Now, I have a 94 Buick Skylark that also has a 3100 engine in it and almost have the engine out of that, and going to be putting it into the Grand Prix.

To try to salvage the motor currently in the GP, anyone have any ideas where I should start off looking on how coolant is getting into the oil?

Skylark Engine - 147k miles
    Grand Prix Engine - 203k miles

probabaly the LIM gaskets...pretty common problem...worst case could be the head gaskets

*EDIT* forgot to mention..if you've drove a while on that milky oil..just throw the motor away...it would be of no reliable use to you

Comment

I had the same problem i belive its a blown head gasket
      what the guy said above me

if it was bad as in milk shake just get a diferent motor...but if it wasnt bad like mine i had a stream o anifrezz when i drainded the oil no milk shake so i cought it just in time but yeah ur gunna wanna replace every thing and get your engine diped in a hot tank
      Last edited by Pheonix_LJ_KID; 03-24-2009, 09:55 AM.

Comment

After I noticed the brownish milky oil, It was driven about 8 miles and been there since. Been having the problem with loosing coolant for roughly 3 days before that.

So, I'm hoping the motor will still be in decent shape after I can get the issues resolved on it.

For the time being, I'm pulling the motor out of that car, and putting the 3100 V6 motor out of my Buick Skylark in it.

Comment

Working...
        X