Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 Beretta 3100 no spark / crank sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Im back. Its not looking good.

All the wiring was correct.

I removed the oil filer cap and watched the 2 valve springs that you can see down in the hole while my buddy cranked it over. They didnt appear to move so I was like great I got it bad Timing chain. Well I got to the chain and low and belhold? There is nothing wrong with it. Timing marks line up and everything. SO... am I looking at possibly stuck valves or sheared off Cam?

Comment

If the springs and rockers never moved as he turned it over then your looking at a broken camshaft most likely.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Unless the rocker nuts are not tight.. Check those with the valve cover off... if that's not the case then yea cam is broke.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Well removed the valve cover today. Cranked it again and only the Intake and exhaust valve for cylinder 2 moved. The Valves for Cylinder 3 and 5 didnt nothing. Broken CAM... SO looking at this thing it doesnt look possible to replace the CAM with the motor in the car so Im looking at 2 options. Remove the engine to replace the cam or just buy a junkyard running engine for $450.00. CAm costs what? $150 - 200? The the gaskets the time etc..

Comment

www.car-part.com search around with that. You could put a 3400/newer 2000+ 3100 too if you wanted to. Need an EGR adapter (check the store here at WOTTECH) and a few other minor things, but a newer engine would have more power and less miles.. Just sswap over the injectors and fuel rail so the lb/hr and PSI is the same as before and it'll be fine.

3400swap.com details a few of the other things like 3 wire CTS, pretty easy to do.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
            X