first log- 118 knock count?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first log- 118 knock count?????

car has never ran so well and has been parked since the motor was done. its a 3400/3.1 with 30 lb injectors. It was my first time trying to log, i couldnt get it to record the session but i did notice the knock count was a constant 118!! This has to be my problem...what could it be? bad knock sensor? short in the wire? Thanks any help is really appreciated!

on start up the ecm can glitch or whatever and see a ton of knock and counts them up to anywhere from 1-254. If it runs fine and doesn't keep going up, that is all it is.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

what would be the cause? ive tried swapping another ecm no change. Could be the knock sensor? it is original from 1990... going to grab a new one just to see.

Comment

I know when I start mine up it would see 8-11 counts everytime. When my mounts were not all solid, and I punched it, it would register 2 counts.
        Those anchor mounts are terrible!

Now I am fine, only thing it picks up is at start up still.
        Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

yea ive heard around 8-12 is normal but 118???

Comment

Is the exhaust hitting anything? Heat shield lose? Suspension rattling?
            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Its not even important. Ive seen all kinds of numbers. 200s even. If it doesn't go up after start up, its not going to do you any good to hunt for red october.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so my car is running like crap for other reasons? I havnt figured out how to record the session which sucks cause someones gotta be able to look at this and see something seriously wrong. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

my old starter used to cause about 50 counts on every startup...

read through this, it might help you out.

Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

read and bookmarked! thanks! Hopefully it will record the session next time.

Comment

Working...
                    X