The ever present LIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever present LIM

I may have caught this in time, is that possible? I noticed a very small line of coolant, has shown around the front of my manifold. I had to go into it a few months ago due to another issue. I didn't re-torque it as was told. It's not in the oil. Is there a chance I can I can re-torque this and squeek through? Engine is fresh.
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Did you torque it at all or just guess? You engine doesn't technically have a LIM. It just has a manifold and the gaskets are "paper" (for lack of a better word) and do not have the problems like the plastic ones do on the later model engines.

You may be able to properly torque it and get by ONLY if the gasket has not suffered any damage. Did you cut the gasket to clear the push rods? If so re do the work you did because you did it wrong.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
    X