Chasing My Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing My Tail

I know, I know, I know, 60 degree, but you guys know.

1996 Chevy S-10 2.2, stick, 4x2.

Hey it was free, and all car guys need a hauler.

I got a random problem.

She'll drive beautifully for hours, sometimes days, no problems.

Then suddenly she'll bog out, try to die, when she acts up at 0 throttle she'll die, work the throttle between 5%-30% she'll rev up to around 4500, go WOT she chokes and dies. cycle the key off then on, she picks back up like nothing happened. And could run perfect for days again, or acts up within 5 minutes.

I've had my scanner on her when she started doing this, she goes hard rich, I tried to find anything that was out of spec, I even fixed her emisions, just incase.

Scrubbed out EGR port and tested EGR operation, Good.
    Replaced plugs and wires, they looked OEM at 125k miles.
    New tank, sending unit, fuel pump and fuel lines, rusted out when i got it, cause of original problem for owner to give me the truck for free
    MAP was slightly out of spec, replaced with new unit, I had one on the shelf.
    O2 sensor, exhaust was replaced and it looked crappy.
    New exhaust from manifold to muffler, retained muffler, I was broke and it looked good still (clogged muffler)
    New Cat. Old one was empty, totally.(see above about muffler)
    New comp, borrowed one from a buddy of mine who has same coded comp.

Only thing left is a possible clogged muffler or ICM, I got no codes, I dont think a cranksensor would act like this, throttle is clean, a Idle control shouldn't do this right? TPS gave good pattern all through its range, never heard of an intermittant TPS anyway. I'm at a loss. Ideas?
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

first thing came to mind was tps lol....i had a 95 s10 2.2 as well.i know there are a few senors on the intake manifold that can go bad.on mine the damn cam lobe flatin out
    sigpic03' 3100 slp cat back-custom fwi-gmpp trailing arms-mrz udp-aeroforce

Comment

i wouldnt think its a cloged muffler. ive had a cloged cat b4 and it just caused the car to not rev high and it was gutless and very quiet lol.. but idled "fine"

i guess its possable tho
      sigpic
      88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

Comment

Working...
      X