2.8 lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 lifters

I need to know if anyone has a factory 2.8/3.1 lifter lying around that they can either disassemble and get me some pictures of the parts laid out and some measurements off the plunger (top of the oil groove to the top of the plunger) or just send me the lifter.
    Pulled apart a Crane lifter and found either a poss. machining flaw with the orifice alignment, oil groove alignment and metering plate. Orifice alignment happens at .022 compression and groove alignment happens at .065 compression and metering plate has no metering hole which would trap air in the lifter causing it to not fully pump up ie. noisy lifters. I pulled a sealed power replacement of the shelf at work and the plunger and metering plate are not even close to the Crane design.
    I am going to call call Comp and Crane on tomorrow and will post what I find out.
    Thanks
    Brien

Where do you want it sent?
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

I sent a pm with mailing info.
      Thanks

Comment

On it's way to you USPS first class from WA St.
        '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Got the lifter. Thanks
          So far the other lifters aren't even close internally including the oiling passage on the plunger.
          I will pull some measurements on it in the morning and see what we get.
          Thanks again.
          Brien

Comment

I noticed that sealed power has 2 different lifters that are not even close in design under the part number ht2095. One is like the oem, the other is close but it looks wayy differnent once you get down nitty gritty with it. Ill try to take some pics tommorow.

Comment

Working...
            X